VESCOA offers a five-year undergraduate course in Architecture (Bachelor in Architecture – B.Arch.), recognized by the Council of Architecture (COA) and the University of Mumbai and approved by government of Maharashtra.
- COURSE: Bachelor of Architecture ( B.Arch)
- DURATION: – Five-Year Full-Time Degree course
- AFFILIATING UNIVERSITY: – University of Mumbai
As per the gazette of India date 13/02/2019 (COA Eligibility rules 2019)
1. Passed HSC or its equivalent with at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also at least 50% marks in aggregate (at least 45% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also at least 45% marks in aggregate in case of candidates of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra state only) or as declared by appropriate authority, from time to time.
2. Passed (10+3) Full time Diploma examination recognized by All India Council for Technical Education or Central or State Government or its equivalent examination and obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate (at least 45% marks in aggregate in case of candidates of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra state only) with Mathematics as compulsory subject or as declared by the Appropriate Authority, from time to time;
3. The Candidate should have obtained qualifying marks in NATA or obtained Non Zero Positive Score in JEE (Main) Paper II.
4. Any other criterion declared from time to time by the appropriate authority as defined under the Act.
The course as per University of Mumbai is broadly divided into three categories that are:
- Architectural Design
- Allied Design
- Architectural Theory
- Architectural Representation & Detailing
- Building Materials & Construction
- Environmental Studies
- History and Humanities
- Structural Design
- Professional Practice
The course includes a practical training in Semester VIII in a professional office. At the end of the internship a viva-voce is conducted by external examiners of University of Mumbai. The course ends with a Design Dissertation in Semester X as a part of the University course structure. Apart from the mandatory courses several extra-curricular courses and activities are offered under Electives and College Projects.
Electives and College projects will include:
- Origami and Kirigami
- Critical Thinking
- Model Making
Guest faculty members will be organised on a monthly basis from varied background and professional level to give exposure to the students Study tours will be organized every year. Study trips will be taken at Regional, National and International levels. It will be mandatory for all students to be part of the tours.
Beneficiary / Account Holder Name: Vivekanand Education Society College of Architecture.
Bank Name: ICICI Bank
Account No.: 055501006349
IFSC Code: ICIC0006239
Branch Name: Chembur
Account Type: Saving Account.