VESCOA Research and Design Consultancy Cell, thereafter referred to as “VESCOA RDC Cell”, has been established by Vivekanand Education Society’s College of Architecture (VESCOA) for the purpose of carrying out Research and Design projects in Architecture, Urban Design and Planning, Environment, Interiors and Landscape Design and is having its address at VES College of Architecture, Hashu Advani Memorial Complex, Collector’s Colony, Chembur, Mumbai-400 074.
With the vision to develop a vibrant knowledge-oriented environment and a centre of excellence in the field of Architecture towards creating a sustainable humane habitat, VESCOA has instituted the Cell to bring a positive change in the built environment and contribute to sustainable development of our habitat through practice and research. The VESCOA RDC Cell has been set up under VESCOA’s mission “to develop an ambient environment for research and sharing of knowledge” and its commitment towards Sustainable Development as a United Nation’s PRME (Principles for Responsible Management Education) signatory.
The cell would abide by the “Guidelines of Consultancy Practice for the faculty members of Schools of Architecture” developed by Council of Architecture.
The objectives of the VESCOA RDC Cell are:
- To Initiate “Department of Ekistics” and undertake research, seminars, preparing reference manuals for teaching and conducting training programme for teachers and professionals.
- To engage in projects which address urban and rural issues and undertake planning, environment, design, landscape with focus on developing a humane habitat.
- To encourage and support faculty to undertake research.
- To provide a platform for faculty members and students to engage in practice.
- To develop a space for information assimilation on Architecture by creating a data bank and sharing with the faculty members and students.
- To engage in knowledge dissemination amongst academicians and practitioners by conducting continual professional development (CPD) and other training programmes.