Total number of seats available for Ph.D. and M.Sc. by research in Microbiology: 15
Total number of students registered for Ph.D. in Microbiology: 05
Total number of students selected in the second round of interview and awaiting for Ph.D. in Microbiology registration: 04
Ph.D. guide: Dr Nagesh N. Malik
Associate Prof. and HOD
Titles of the Ph.D. research projects:
- Bacterial Ethanol production from food waste by cloning and expression of certain Enzyme producing genes thereof.
- Isolation, Production and Augmentation of Bioactive substances from marine Pseudomonas Spp. with Potential Anti-bacterial and Anti-fouling activity.
- Development of bacteriophages consortium against bacterial plant pathogens:
-A novel approach for biocontrol.
- Study of Molecular Epidemiology and MDR pattern in pathogens responsible for community acquired and nosocomial UTI
- Study of marine Oligotrophic Bacteria for production of lipase, peroxidase and their applications