HOW TO PUBLISH /WHERE TO PUBLISH
1. Check out Journal Website
- Does it look like professional and provide adequate information?
- Name of Journal & Scope
- Past issues – Publishing History
- Quality of Previous Publications
- Principles of Transparency
- Editorial Board & Contact Info
- Copyright & Archiving Policies
- Instructions to Authors
- Member of COPE? (Committee on Publication Ethics)
- Peer Review Process
- Around Time – is it too quick?
- the journal adhere to ethical principles?
- COPE, OASPA
- Check the Impact factor of the journal (Thomson Reuters)
- Journal Citation Reports
- Check Ulrichs Serials Directory
- Beware of Publication Phishing (Emails or other communications soliciting your authorship)
- If Planning to publish in OA journals please be aware of Predatory Publishers
- Provide unfettered (freely accessible) access to all peer-reviewed articles.
- Member of the Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association OR adhere to its Code of Conduct.
- Offer a standard article fee schedule for public view.
- Have a policy to waive fees in cases of economic hardship.
- Allows the author(s) retain their copyright.
- Indexed by DOAJ.org – Directory of Open Access Journals
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Research Communicators.