VES College of Arts, Science & Commerce (Autonomous) laid it’s foundation in the year 1979 & offered 1st Year courses in each of the three faculties. With being permanently affiliated to the University of Mumbai, the college is also recognized by the U.G.C under 2(f) & 12(b). The college also holds minority status for the Sindhi linguistic minority.
VESASC has been re-accredited by NAAC (3rd cycle) with an A grade (CGPA 3.26) in August, 2017. We successfully added yet another feather to our hat by being conferred with Autonomous Status by the UGC and the University of Mumbai starting from the Academic Year 2021-2022. While the college holds autonomy in its courses, the degree is awarded by the parent university i.e., University of Mumbai. The college was also bestowed with the ‘Best College Award’(Urban Area) by the University of Mumbai for the academic year of 2012-2013 & received a grant from the DST under the FIST scheme as well as the Star College grant from the DBT in the year 2015-2016.
WE at VES are committed to pursuit of excellence in the field of education in order to lead to development of good competent work force and contributing to nation building.
We endeavor to achieve this by continually improving our quality management systems through:
- Adoption of Innovative teaching methods.
- Providing creative enriching learning experiences.
- Student centric activities.
- Staff development programmes.
- Having quality control mechanisms in place.
- Continuous review of systems and processes to ensure Quality assurance.
- Enhancing Quality consciousness amongst staff and students.
- Creating a culture of total quality as a way of life.
“Arise Awake & Stop not, Till The Goal is Reached”
– Swami Vivekananda