- Report of One Day Seminar on New Dimensions in NAAC Accreditation: Revisiting the SSR and AQAR in the Revised Accreditation Framework on 8th August 2019.
- Talk by Prin Ancy Jose NK College on Autonomy : A Case study of NK College
- Report of the Workshop on Guidelines for Implementation of 7th Pay for NTS
- SDP on NLP
- SDP by Piya Mukherjee VESLARC
- Induction Programme for new faculty members on 19th Dec 2019
Internal Quality Assurance Cell, of Vivekanand Education Society’s college of Arts, Science and Commerce, was constituted in the month of July 2004, in accordance with the guidelines provided by the NAAC and the set up of the institution.
The primary aim of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution
To Propose, promote, initiate and support quality measures in order to bring about improvement in the overall performance of the institution.
To prepare Annual Quality Assurance Report.
There are many initiatives taken by IQAC at various levels. The process of re-accreditation was a learning in itself which constantly brought forth several areas as priority for Quality Enhancement. Measures were adopted to address all areas where there is scope for improvement and innovation as well. The policy decisions were taken and the activities were planned to enhance a human resource, capacity building of individuals, Social Awareness, innovative, creative and entrepreneurial skills, personal and ethical values and use of technology for betterment of overall education at large and to rise towards achieving global standards.
During IQAC meetings several quality enhancement and quality assurance measures evolved through brain storming sessions to achieve desired outcomes. These new thoughts and ideas were implemented, reviewed and modified to get the best desired output. The conduct of the Academic Audit, a quality enhancement initiative, is one such example where the entire framework for department evaluation evolved and has been institutionalized as an innovative best practice of the college.
In view of the objectives of the cell , the members were drawn from every important section of the institution as follows:
- Chair: Principal of the college.
- NAAC Co-ordinator
- Coordinator of IQAC – a senior faculty member
- One link faculty from each department,
- Faculties representing some important committees of the college for extracurricular and co-curricular activities,
- One link member each from general office and office of self financing programs.
- Link member from Library
- Representative from Management:
- Representative from QAC
- External Members
- Student Representative
Following are some of the initiative of IQAC over last five years:
- One Day Seminar on New Dimensions in NAAC Accreditation: Revisiting the SSR and AQAR in the Revised Accreditation Framework on 8th August 2019
- Workshop on Guidelines for Implementation of 7th Pay for NTS
- Organized a Two Day National Conference “Evolving as a Smart College: Concepts, Opportunities and Challenges” on 17th & 18th February, 2016 in collaboration with Vijnana Bharati, Mumbai.
- Yearly Internal Academic Audit (2012-13)
- Department Recognition (2013-14)
- To apply for Best college Award, FIST, Star Grant Scheme (DBT)
- Introduction of compensation register and white cards
- External University Audit
- Administrative and committee audit
- Restructuring the Additional Credit Program for advanced learners
- Institution of special prizes for specially abled students.
- Induction Program for the newly appointed faculty.
- Promotion of Best practices
Dr. Mary Stephen
V.E.S. College of Arts, Science & Commerce, Mumbai
Tel: 91 22 5227470
- Report – AQAR 2018-19
- Report – AQAR 2017-18
- Report – AQAR 2016-17
- Report – AQAR 2015-16
- Report – AQAR 2014-15
- Report – AQAR 2013-14
- Report – AQAR 2012-13
- Report – AQAR 2011-12
- Report – AQAR 2010-11
- Report – AQAR 2009-10
- Report – AQAR 2008-09
- Report – AQAR 2007-08