B.Com. – Accounting &Finance
First Year B.Com (A&F)
Total Number of Divisions 02
Total Number of Seats 120
Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Finance):
The Course shall be a full time course. The duration of the course shall be six semesters spread over three years.
Eligibility (0.): A candidate for being eligible for admission to the Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Finance) Degree Course shall have passed XII Std. Examination of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent and secured not less than 45% marks in aggregate (40% in case of reserved category) at one and the same sitting.
Every candidate admitted to the Degree Course in the Constituent / Affiliated Colleges recognized institution, conducting the course, shall have to register himself / herself with the University. Students coming from University / Board other than Maharashtra must get eligibility for B.Com. (Accounting & Finance)
Documents Required for Admission:-
Students should bring the following documents in original along with duly attested photocopies for verification at the time of admission:
- Original Mark sheet of H.S.C., two photo copies of H.S.C Mark sheet and one photo copy of S.S.C Mark sheet and one photo copy of Leaving Certificate (LC) for F.Y. admission.
- Original Mark sheet of Sem. I & II along with one photocopy for S.Y. admission
- For new admission at S.Y. / T.Y. NOC with enrolment details to be produced from the previous college
- One recent Passport size photograph taken with light coloured dress for all classes.
- One recent Passport size photograph of Parent / Guardian.
- Address Proof (photo copy of Ration Card/ Electricity Bill/ Telephone Bill/Passport/ Driving License) any one.
- Caste Certificates (if applicable)
- Caste Validity Certificate
- Documentary evidence regarding special category status
- Eligibility Certificate (issued by University) for students coming from other than Maharashtra Board and Maharashtra Technical Board). Eligibility forms will be distributed by college and same will be resubmitted to the college along with necessary documents and eligibility fees (Rs. 220/-, Rs.320/- and Rs.750/- as the case may be). Admission will be provisional till University approves the documents.
- Physically Challenged candidates should produce the relevant certificate from competent authority.NOTE: In case the original mark sheet of Graduation Examination (Commerce Stream) has been submitted for admission to any college, a certificate to that effect, signed by the Principal of that College must be produced.
Students coming from Universities/Board other than Maharashtra State:- Students coming from outside, i.e. other than Maharashtra State Board, will be admitted to the college on the basis of provisional eligibility certificate which they must obtain from the University of Mumbai. No such student will be admitted to College without provisional certificate. In case the admission of the student is found to be invalid for any reason, the responsibility will lie with the student. Students will account for the gap if any, between H.S.C. and joining F. Y. Class by submitting gap certificate i.e. N.O.C. & T.C. from previous Institute.
Admission under Minority Quota (Sindhi):
A Student seeking admission at F.Y. level under Minority Category is required to produce documentary proof (Affidavit) certifying their Sindhi Status. It is desirable that they complete the Sindhi Certificate Course.
International Students: Foreign students seeking admission are required to submit the following documents
- Photocopy of Passport
- Copy of Transcript
Admission Procedure: On the basis of the aggregate of:
- Aggregate marks at H.S.C
In case the original mark sheet of H.S.C. has been submitted for admission to any college, a certificate to that effect, signed by the Principal of the College must be produced.
|First Year: Semester I|
|Financial Accounting (Elements of Financial Accounting)-I|
|Cost Accounting (Introduction and Element of Cost) -I|
|Financial Management (Introduction to Financial Management) – I|
|Business Communication – I|
|Foundation Course –I|
|Commerce (Business Environment) -I|
|Business Economics –I|
|First Year: Semester II|
|Financial Accounting (Special Accounting Areas) – II|
|Auditing (Introduction and Planning) – I|
|Taxation – I (Indirect Taxes I)|
|Business Communication –II|
|Foundation Course –II|
|Business Law (Business Regulatory Framework) – I|
|Second Year: Semester III|
|Financial Accounting (Special Accounting Areas)-III|
|Cost Accounting (Methods of Costing)-II|
|Auditing (Techniques of Auditing and Audit Procedures) –II|
|Taxation – II (Direct Taxes Paper – I)|
|Information Technology in Accountancy – I|
|Foundation Course in Commerce (Financial Market Operations) – III|
|Business Law (Business Regulatory Framework) – II|
|Business Economics – II|
|Second Year: Semester IV|
|Financial Accounting (Special Accounting Areas) – IV|
|Management Accounting (Introduction to Management Accounting)|
|Auditing – III|
|Taxation – III (Direct Taxes – II)|
|Information Technology in Accountancy – II|
|Foundation Course in Management (Introduction to Management) – IV|
|Business Law (Company Law) – III|
|Research Methodology in Accounting and Finance|
|Third Year: Semester V|
|Financial Accounting Paper- V|
|Cost Accounting Paper – III|
|Financial Management- Paper- II|
|Taxation Paper – III Direct Tax Paper – I|
|Management Paper – II (Management Applications)|
|Third Year: Semester VI|
|Financial Accounting Paper- VI|
|Cost Accounting Paper –IV|
|Financial Management- Paper- III|
|Taxation Paper – IV (Direct Taxes – II)|
|Financial Accounting Paper – VII|
|Economics Paper – III (Indian Economy)|
|Fees Chargeable per annum for B.Com. Financial Markets
Fees Structure 2016-17
*(Subject to revision)
|Particulars||F.Y.B.COM. (FM)||S.Y.B.COM. (FM)||T.Y.B.COM. (FM)|
|4||Other Fees /Extra Curricular Activity||250.00||250.00||250.00|
|6||Enrollment Fees I Registration Fees||220.00||0.00||0.00|
|7||Disaster Relief Fund||10.00||10.00||10.00|
|8||Admission Processing Fees||200.00||200.00||200.00|
|11||ID & Library Card Fees||50.00||50.00||50.00|
|12||Group Insurance Fees||40.00||40.00||40.00|
|13||Students Welfare Fund||50.00||50.00||50.00|
|15||Vice Chancellor’s Fund||30.00||30.00||30.00|
|16||Univ. Sports & Cultural Activities||30.00||30.00||30.00|
|23||Document Verification Fees**||**||**||**|
|24||Univeristy Convocation Fees||250.00|
|25||Caution Money Deposit||150.00||0.00||0.00|
|28||Forms 8 5 Prospectus||0.00||100.00||100.00|
|* Fees are subject to modification as per University Rules
** Document Verification Fees Rs.400/- applicable to Eligibility Students.
Additional amount not exceeding Rs. 2500/ shall be payable by every student towards Tuition fees, Utility fees & Exam fees.
Cancellation of Admission: – Students canceling their admission will be entitled to receive the refund of fee paid after deduction of the amount as indicated below: –
REFUND OF FEES (SELF-FINANCING COURSES EXCEPT M.COM & M.SC.):
O.2859: Refund of Tuition, Development and all other fees after cancellation of admissions:
The candidates who have taken admission in under graduate courses in Govt. colleges, in Govt. aided and unaided courses conducted by affiliated colleges, and recognized Institutions may request for refund of fees after applying in writing for cancellation of their admission to the course. The refund of fees as applicable shall be made on or before 30th day after the date of cancellation and thereafter. The percentage of fee for the course shall be refunded to the candidate after deducting charges as follows:
Table – 1 : Fee Deduction on cancellation of admission
Period and Percentage of deduction charges
|Prior to Commencement of Academic Term and Instruction of the Course||Upto 20 days after the Commencement of Academic Term of the Course||From 21st day upto 50 days after the Commencement of Academic Term of the Course||From 51st day upto 80 days after the Commencement of Academic Term of the Course or 31st August whichever is earlier||From 1St to 30th September||After September 30th|
|Deduction Charges||Rs. 500/- Lump sum||20% of the Total Amount of Fees||30% of the Total Amount of Fees||50% of the Total Amount of Fees||60% of the Total Amount of Fees||100% of the Total Amount of Fees|
NOTE : The total amount considered for the refund of fees from the commencement of academic term of the course includes the following :
- All the fee items chargeable for one year are as per relevant University circulars for different Faculties (excluding the courses for which the total amount is fixed by other competent authorities).
- The fee charged towards group insurance and all fee components to be paid as University share (including Vice-Chancellor fund, University fee for sports and cultural activities, E-charge, disaster management fund, exam fee and Enrollment fee) are non-refundable if payment is made by the college prior to the date of cancellation.
- Fee collected for Identity card and Library card, admission form and prospectus, enrollment and any other course specific fee are not refundable after the commencement of the academic term.
- All refundable deposits (Laboratory, Caution Money and Library etc.) shall be fully returned at the time of cancellation.Provided that wherever admissions are made through centralized admission process for professional and/or for any other courses by other competent Authorities, the Refund Rules are applicable if specified by such authorities ( as per the rules of relevant agencies) for the 1st year admission. In case of admission to subsequent years of the course, O.2859 is applicable for cancellation of admission.Provided further that this refund rules is concurrent with the rules and guidelines of other professional statutory bodies appointed for admission for relevant courses.Further that O.2859-A & O.2859-B have been replaced and the amended O.2859 relating to the refund of Tuition Fees, Development and all other fees after cancellation of admission for the Under Graduate Courses has been brought into force with effect from the academic year 2008-2009.
- Dates for Refund of Deposits (Self Financing Courses): –
Application for the refund of deposits must be made between 1st Sep. to 30th Sep or 1st Feb. to 28 Feb. of the year when applicant ceases to be a student of the college, failing which the deposit will be forfeited.IMPORTANCE OF BAF
- More emphasizes on Accounting career
- Professional degree
- Better accounting knowledge compared to B.COM
- More job opportunities as accounting and finance is heart of every organization
SALIENT FEATURES OF THE COURSE
Department organizes seminars and guest lectures for the students. This initiative keeps them updated about the upcoming trends and changing accounting ways.
Industrial Visits- With an aim to go beyond academics, industrial visits are organized for the students to provide students a practical perspective on the world of work
Arvestus- Students of BAF organize an intercollegiate event in the month of February to showcase their abilities and interact with students of other colleges. Event organization helps students to develop important attributes like team building, fund raising and interaction with the who’s who of the industry which helps in an overall personality development.