FACULTY OF COMMERCE
Bachelor of Management Studies
FIRST YEAR B.M.S.
|Total Number of Seats||60|
|Seats Reserved||45 % for Commerce
25% for Arts
25 % for Science
- Secured Minimum 45% marks at the H.S.C. Examination of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary
&Higher Secondary Education Pune, or its equivalent for the General Category (at First attempt)and
Minimum 40% marks for the reserved category (at First attempt).
- Students passing Diploma in Administration Services (Commercial and Secretarial Practices) conducted
by PremilaVithaldasPolytechnic , S.N.D.T. Women’s University are eligible for admission toF.Y.B.M.S.
- A candidate for being eligible for admission to the B.M.S. degree course shall have passed Xllth Std.
Examination of the Maharashtra Board of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination or
Diploma in any engineering branches with two years or three years or four years duration after S.S.C.
conducted by the Board of Technical Education, Maharashtra State or equivalent examination.
Admission Procedure: On the basis of aggregate marks at H.S.C.
Bachelor of Management Studies (B.M.S.) :
The B.M.S. course shall be a full time course. The duration of the course shall be six semesters spread over three years.
- T* The choice of subjects will depend upon merit and the availability of requisite student numbers.
- Total number of lectures per theory paper shall be a minimum of 50 and a maximum of 55, each of 50 minutes duration.
- For Projects, the teacher shall initially engage about 5 lectures for orientation. The students shall have to do field visit for data collection and analyze the same. Before the
report is finalized, the students shall present their findings to the faculty wherein the faculty shall provide guidelines for finalization of the same.
|V.E.S College of Arts, Sci. & Comm|
|(Self Financing Courses Section)|
|4||Other Fees /Extra Curricular Activity||250.00||250.00||250.00|
|6||Enrollment Fees / Registration Fees||220.00||0.00||0.00|
|7||Disaster Relief Fund||10.00||10.00||10.00|
|8||Admission ProcessingÂ Fees||200.00||200.00||200.00|
|11||ID & Library Card Fee||50.00||50.00||50.00|
|12||Group Insurance Fees||40.00||40.00||40.00|
|13||Students Welfare Fund||50.00||50.00||50.00|
|15||Vice Chancellor’s Fund||30.00||30.00||30.00|
|16||Univ. Sports & Cultural Activities||30.00||30.00||30.00|
|23||Document Verification Fees **||**||**||**|
|24||University Convocation Fee||0.00||0.00||250.00|
|25||Caution Money Deposit||150.00||0.00||0.00|
|28||Forms & Prospectus||–||100.00||100.00|
|*Fees are subject to modification as per University Rule|
|**Document Verification Fees Rs.400/- applicable to Elgibility Students|
|Additional amount not exceeding Rs.2500.00 shall be payable by every student towards Tution fees, Utility fees & Exam fees.|
The dynamic nature and scope of business today has made it extremely important for institutions of learning to train students to become leaders, who are well versed with the latest concepts and practices. Keeping the need of the industry for trained students the department has devised its own style of delivering the program to equip the students with the required skill sets. At VES, we aim to develop managers with a sense of responsibility and accountability.
FYBMS SEM I (From 2016-17)
1.Introduction to Financial Accounting
4.Business Communication –I
5.Foundation of Human skills
FYBMS SEM II
1.Principles of Marketing
6.Principles of Management
SYBMS SEM III ( From 2017-18)
1.Information Technology in Business Management – I
- Business Planning & Entrepreneurial Management
- Accounting for Managerial Decisions
- Strategic Management
- Consumer Behaviour
- Foundation Course-III Environmental Management.
SYBMS SEM IV
1.Information Technology in Business Management-II
- Business Economics-II
- Business Research Methods
- Ethics & Governance
- Production & Total Quality Management.
TYBMS SEM V
1.Logistics & SCM
2.Customer Relationship Management
3.Sales & Distribution Management
4.Business Ethics & CSR
5.E-Commerce & Digital Marketing
TYBMS SEM VI
3.Media Planning & Management
4.Corporate communication & Public relations
7.Indian ethos in management
The BMS course
- Integrates industry interaction in the form of guest lectures, summer internships and live projects in subjects like entrepreneurship.
- Presentation, workshops& role plays are an integral part of the curriculum delivery process.
- Intercollegiate festival CONFLUENCE provides a platform for students to showcase their managerial capabilities . The event attracts big sponsors and students from nearly 30 colleges from all over Mumbai.
- Certificate courses and add on courses at very nominal fees are conducted during summer and winter break. It is mandatory for the students to enroll for at least one course as suggested by the faculty. This encourages the students to learn beyond their text book and prepares them for the industry.
- The department’s KNOWLEDLE CLUB provides a platform for avid quizzers, debaters and othersto showcase their capabilities.
- Students participate in intra-collegiate and inter-collegiate events throughout the year winning laurels for the college.
- Students with special needs are provided with required support system to enable them to integrate with the normal curriculum delivery process.
- Continuous counseling and mentoring of the students happen for both academic and non-academic problems faced by students.
- The department arranges industrial visit for the students based on the educational need.
- The department holds an annual case study based film making competition called Biz Dramatiz.
- The students undergo training through value added course which are conducted at the end of each semester. The courses conducted are as listed below
|S.no||Value added courses||Time period|
|1.||FYBMS SEM-1||10 day certificate course in business etiquette At the end of semester 1|
|2.||FYBMS SEM – II||World economic indicators/advanced corporate etiquette At the end of semester 2|
|3.||SYBMS SEM – III||Digital Marketing/selling skills At the end of semester 3|
|4.||SYBMS SEM – IV||Commercial banking & credit research At the end of semester 4|
THE NEXT PRIME MINISTER (FYBMS EVENT)
- The event THE NEXT PRIME MINISTER was conceived to introduce the first year students to
the art of experiential learning by asking them to mimic the marketing strategies playing in the
political environment in India .
- The students were divided into 6 teams and each team had to
come up with an influential leader whose speech was supposed to change the entire perception of
an nation. The speech was prepared with data collected, analyzed by the back end team members
and put up appealing by the content writers.
- The teams also developed an print ad and an TV
commercial promoting their ideology.The actual event was on 19 th March but the students and
faculty worked for more than 2 months through whatsapp interaction, mail interaction and
- The final outcome of the event was students imbibed and portrayed Person branding( in lines of
Modi branding), use of data for marketing strategies by political parties, creating advertisements
and promotional videos for political parties.
To know more about life at BMS @VES please visit us at www.vesasc.bms