|Total Number of Seats||35|
Students passing S. Y. J. C. (Std. XII) with Science are required to have ENGLISH and MATHS as a compulsory paper at H.S.C. level.
Documents Required for Admission:
Students should bring the following documents in original along with duly attested photocopies for verification at the time of admission: –
- Original Mark sheet of H.S.C., two photo copy copies of Mark sheet and one photo copy of Leaving Certificate (LC) for admission.
- Original Mark sheet of First Year along with one photo copy for S.Y. admission
- Original Mark sheet of First Year & Second Year along with one photo copy each for T.Y. admission
- One recent Passport size photograph taken with light colored dressfor all classes.
- Address Proof (photo copy of Ration Card/ Electricity Bill/ Telephone Bill/Passport/ Driving License) any one
- Caste Certificates (if applicable)
- Documentary evidence regarding special category status
- Eligibility Certificate (students coming from other than Maharashtra Board and Maharashtra Technical Board). Eligibility forms will be distributed by the colleges and same will be resubmitted to the college along with necessary documents and eligibility fees (Rs.220/-, Rs.320/- and Rs.750/- as the case may be). Admission will be provisional till University approves the documents.
- Physically challenged candidates should produce the relevant certificate from competent authority.
In case the original mark sheet of H.S.C. has been submitted for admission to any college, a certificate to that effect, signed by the Principal of that College must be produced.
The Principal shall not sign the Hall Tickets of T.Y. students unless the students pass the Prelims Examination. Failures will have to appear for the Re-Prelim Examination and clear the same. Hall Tickets of such students will be signed by the Principal on clearance of the Re-Exam.
Students coming from Universities/Board other than Maharashtra State:- Students coming from outside, i.e. other than Maharashtra State Board, will be admitted to the college on the basis of provisional eligibility certificate which they must obtain from the University of Mumbai. No such student will be admitted to College without provisional certificate. In case the admission of the student is found to be invalid for any reason, the responsibility will lie with the student. Students will account for the gap if any, between H.S.C. and joining F. Y. Class by submitting gap certificate i.e. N.O.C. & T.C. from previous Institute.
Admission under Minority Quota (Sindhi):
A Student seeking admission at F.Y. level under Minority Category is required to produce documentary proof (Affidavit) certifying their Sindhi Status. It is desirable that they complete the Sindhi Certificate Course.
International Students: Foreign students seeking admission are required to submit the following documents
- a) Photo copy of Passport
- b) Copy of Transcript
At the F.Y.B.Sc.level students have to offer 7 papers having a total of 700 marks & Practical’s 300 Marks. The Subject of Biotechnology was integrated with other Science subjects that is Microbiology and Chemistry. But , from the academic year 2016-17, Biotechnology is a stand –alone course as the course content is now taught to the students from the point of view of preparing a work force capable of being absorbed into the Biotechnology industry.
|SEM I||Subject Name|
|Basic Life Sciences-I : Biodiversity and Cell Biology|
|Basic Life Sciences-II : Microbial Techniques|
|Basic Biotechnology-I : Introduction to Biotechnology|
|Basic Biotechnology-II : Molecular Biology|
|Basic Chemistry practicals|
|Basic Life Science practicals|
|Basic Biotechnology practicals|
|SEM II||Chemistry-I : Bioorganic Chemistry|
|Chemistry-II : Physical Chemistry|
|Life Sciences-I : Physiology and Ecology|
|Life Sciences-II : Genetics|
|Biotechnology-I : Tissue Culture & Scientific Writing and Communication Skills|
|Biotechnology-II : Enzymology, Immunology and Biostatistics|
|Globalization, Ecology and Sustainable Development|
|Life Sciences practicals|
|Basic Biotechnology practicals|
|Applied Chemistry- I|
|Cell Biology and Cytogenetics|
|Practicals of USBT301 and USBT302|
|Practicals of USBT303 and USBT304|
|Practicals of USBT305 and USBT306|
|Applied Chemistry- II|
|bioinformatics and biostatistics|
|Practicals of USBT401 and USBT402|
|Practicals of USBT403 and USBT404|
|Practicals of USBT405 and USBT406|
|SEM V||Cell Biology|
|Medical Microbiology and Instrumentation|
|Genomes and Molecular Biology|
|Cell Biology + Medical Microbiology and Instrumentation Practicals|
|Genomes and Molecular Biology+ Marine Biotechnology Practicals|
|Biosafety Applied component|
|Pharmacology and Neurochemistry|
|Biochemistry+ Industrial Microbiology practicals|
|Pharmacology and Neurochemistry+ Environmental Microbiology practicals|
|Agribiotechnology Applied component|