B.Sc. (Information Technology) – B.Sc. (IT)
|Total Number of Seats
Documents Required for Admission:-
Students should bring the following documents in original along with duly attested photocopies for verification at the time of admission:-
- Original Mark sheet of H.S.C., two photo copies of H.S.C Mark sheet and one photo copy of S.S.C Mark sheet and one photo copy of Leaving Certificate (LC) for F.Y. admission.
- Original Mark sheet of Sem. I & II along with one photocopy for S.Y. admission.
- For new admission at S.Y. / T.Y. NOC with enrolment details to be produced from the previous college.
- One recent Passport size photography taken with light coloured dress for all classes.
- One recent Passport size photograph of Parent / Guardian.
- Address Proof (photo copy of Ration Card/ Electricity Bill/ Telephone Bill/Pass port/ Driving License) any one.
- Caste Certificates (if applicable)
- Caste Validity Certificate
- Documentary evidence regarding special category status
- Eligibility Certificate (issued by University) for students coming from other than Maharashtra Board and Maharashtra Technical Board). Eligibility forms will be distributed by college and same will be resubmitted to the college along with necessary documents and eligibility fees (Rs. 220/-, Rs.320/- and Rs.750/- as the case may be). Admission will be provisional till University approves the documents.
- Physically Challenged candidates should produce the relevant certificate from competent authority.NOTE: In case the original mark sheet of Graduation Examination (Commerce Stream) has been submitted for admission to any college, a certificate to that effect, signed by the Principal of that College must be produced.
Students coming from Universities/Board other than Maharashtra State:- Students coming from outside, i.e. other than Maharashtra State Board, will be admitted to the college on the basis of provisional eligibility certificate which they must obtain from the University of Mumbai. No such student will be admitted to College without provisional certificate. In case the admission of the student is found to be invalid for any reason, the responsibility will lie with the student. Students will account for the gap if any, between H.S.C. and joining F. Y. Class by submitting gap certificate i.e. N.O.C. & T.C. from previous Institute.
Admission under Minority Quota (Sindhi):
A Student seeking admission at F.Y. level under Minority Category is required to produce documentary proof (Affidavit) certifying their Sindhi Status. It is desirable that they complete the Sindhi Certificate Course.
International Students: Foreign students seeking admission are required to submit the following documents
- Photocopy of Passport
- Copy of Transcript
Eligibility 5051 : A candidate for being eligible for admission to the degree course in Bachelor of
Science – Information Technology, shall have passed XII Std. Examination of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent with Mathematics as one of the subject and should have secured not less than 45% marks in aggregate and 40% marks in aggregate in case of reserved category candidates.
Candidates who have passed Diploma in Computer Engineering / Computer Science / Computer Technology / Information Technology / Electrical, Electronics & Video Engineering and Allied Branches/ Mechanical and Allied branches, Civil and Allied branches of Engineering after S.S.C. (Xth standard) are eligible for direct admission to the Second Year of the B.Sc. (I.T.) degree course. However, the Diploma should be recognized by the Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education or any other recognized Government body. Minimum marks required 45% aggregate for open category candidates and 40% aggregate for reserved category candidates.
Students with post HSC – Diploma in Computer Engineering / Computer Science / Computer Technology/Information Technology and Allied Branches will be eligible for direct admission to the Second Year of B.Sc. (I.T.) However, the Diploma should be recognized by the Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education or any other recognized Government body.
Admission Procedure : On the basis of aggregate of :-
- Marks in Mathematics & Statistics at H.S.C. or equivalent
- Aggregate marks of H.S.C. or equivalent
- Aggregate marks at S.S.C.
In case the original mark sheet of H.S.C. has been submitted for admission to any college, a certificate to that effect, signed by the Principal of the College must be produced.
Syllabus for B.Sc. (IT)
The scheme of the modules shall be as follows :
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
(Subject names in Bold are offered in our college)
(Subject names in Bold are offered in our college)
The choice of subjects will depend upon merit and the availability of requisite student members.
Scheme of Examination
- Theory paper Max Marks = External (75 Marks) & Internal (25 Marks)
- Semester six has a project work of 200 marks. The assessment of the project work is as under :
- Black Book / Hardcopy of Project 100 Marks
- Viva-Voce & Presentation 100 Marks
R 4411 – Passing Standards
- A student is said to have passed if he / she secures 40% of marks allotted in each head of passing. Theory of 100 marks and (TW / Practical / Tutorial of 50 marks) are treated as separate heads of passing.
- A student is said to have passed a Semester if he / she passes in all heads of passing of the semester.
- A student is eligible to be admitted to Semester II irrespective of Number of heads of failure in the First Semester.
- A student is eligible for admission to Semester III if either the student passes Semester I & IIOR
The student fails in a combination of Theory and/or Practical taken in Semester I or Semester II or together where the total marks does not exceed 200.
- A student is eligible for admission to Semester IV irrespective of Number of heads of failure in Semester III. However, the student has to clear Semester I and II, in order to appear for Semester IV examination.
- A student is eligible for admission to Semester V if either the student passes Semester III and IVOR
The student fails in a combination of Theory and/or Practical taken in Semester III or Semester IV or together, where the total marks does not exceed 200.
- A student is eligible for admission to Semester VI irrespective of Number of heads of failure in Semester V. The results of VI should be kept in abeyance until the student clears Semesters III, IV and V in full.
- Grade is awarded year wise for First year & Second year. However in the final year a consolidated grade sheet will be awarded.
V.E.S College of Arts, Science & Commerce (Self Financing Courses Section)
Fees Chargeable per annum for B.Sc.(Information Tech.)
* (Subject to Revision)
Particulars F.Y.BSc.(IT) S.Y.BSc.(IT) T.Y.BSc.(IT) 1 Tuition Fees 10000.00 10000.00 10000.00 2 Library Fees 1200.00 1200.00 1200.00 3 Gymkhana Fees 400.00 400.00 400.00 4 Other Fees /Extra Curricular Activity 250.00 250.00 250.00 5 Examination Fees 2120.00 2120.00 2120.00 6 Enrollment Fees / Registration Fees 220.00 — — 7 Disaster Relief Fund 10.00 10.00 10.00 8 Admission Processing Fee 200.00 200.00 200.00 9 Utility Fees 250.00 250.00 250.00 10 Magazine Fees 100.00 100.00 100.00 11 ID & Library Card Fee 50.00 50.00 50.00 12 Group Insurance Fees 40.00 40.00 40.00 13 Students Welfare Fund 50.00 50.00 50.00 14 Development Fees 500.00 500.00 500.00 15 Vice Chancellor’s Fund 30.00 30.00 30.00 16 Univ. Sports & Cultural Activities 30.00 30.00 30.00 17 E-Charges 20.00 20.00 20.00 18 E-Suvidha 50.00 50.00 50.00 19 Computer Practicals 1000.00 1500.00 2500.00 20 Laboratory Fees 6000.00 6000.00 6000.00 21 Alumni Association 25.00 25.00 25.00 22 Project Fees 1000.00 1000.00 500.00 23 University Convocation Fee — — 250.00 24 Document Verification Fees ** ** ** ** 25 Caution Money Deposit 150.00 — — 26 Library Deposit 250.00 — — 27 Laboratory Deposit 400.00 — — 28 Forms & Prospectus 0.00 100.00 100.00 TOTAL 24345.00 23925.00 24675.00 *Fees are subject to modification as per University Rule . **Document Verification Fees Rs.400/- applicable to Elgibility Students Additional amount not exceeding Rs. 2500/- shall be payable by every student towards Tuition fees Utility fees & Exam fees. for Freeship / Scholarship fees B.SC. (IT) Sr.No. Particulars F.Y. S.Y. T.Y
Disaster Relief Fund 10.00 10.00 10.00
Admission Processing 200.00 200.00 200.00
ID & Library Card Fees 50.00 50.00 50.00
Examination Fees 2120.00 2120.00 2120.00
Group Insurance Fees 40.00 40.00 40.00
Students Welfare Fund 50.00 50.00 50.00
Vice Chancellor’s Fund 30.00 30.00 30.00
Alumni Association 25.00 25.00 25.00
University Convocation Fees 0.00 0.00 250.00
Fees & Prospectus 0.00 100.00 100.00 TOTAL 2525.00 2625.00 2875.00
FEES SHOULD BE PAID ONLY BY DEMAND DRAFT / PAY ORDER
DEMAND DRAFT SHOULD BE DRAWN IN FAVOUR OF:
“PRINCIPAL, V.E.S. COLLEGE OF ARTS, SCIENCE & COMMERCE, MUMBAI-71”.
Students Insurance :
Students are insured for each academic year and are liable to receive monetary benefit against hospitalization charges / damages / in case of injury on account of accidents, the upper limit prescribed as Rs. 50,000/- only.
The Students of T.Y. are required to have 75% attendance in each paper at the end of Semester V & Semester VI.
The Principal shall not sign the Hall Tickets of T.Y. students unless the students pass the Prelims Examination. Failures will have to appear for the Re-Prelim Examination and clear the same. Hall Tickets of such students will be signed by the Principal on clearance of the Re-Exam.
Cancellation of Admission for B.Sc. (IT):
Students canceling their admission will be entitled to receive the refund of Semester fee paid after deduction of the amount as indicated below:
B. Sc. (IT)