- Ms. Sunita Sherifani (Associate Professor & Head of Department) : M.Com., SET,M.Phil,ICWA (Inter) MBA (Finance) pursuing PhD. Authored books for F.Y.B.Com. & S.Y.B.Com.
Invited as guest speaker in various colleges
AREAS OF INTEREST : Costing and Financial Management, Research in Textile Industry, Recognised teacher for Post Graduate Course, Guide for MBA(YCMOU). She has a done Minor Research Project title “Significance and Problems of Power Loom Industry in Bhiwandi” from University of Mumbai.
- Mr. Sanjay Premchandani (Assistant Professor): M.Com., SET, M.Phil., B.Ed., LLB, ICWA (Inter)
AREAS OF INTEREST: Management Accounting, Financial Accounting, Costing, Direct and Indirect Taxes, Human Resource Development and Marketing.
He is also NSS Program Officer and Area Coordinator. He is pursuing ICWA Final and PhD.
Authored books for F.Y.B.Com. & S.Y.B.Com.
- Have an active Accountancy Association which conducts various Accountancy, Investment, Finance and Taxation related Programmes.
- The department conducts class-tests.
- Conducts subject related Quiz Competitions.
- Guiding students to complete their assignments on subject related topics.
- Conducts orientation program for students appearing for university examination.
- Provide special guidance to the students pursuing for CPT/PCC/CMA/MBA Examinations.
- Committed, Hard Working,High Quality Faculty in terms of teaching/research/practice
- Offers continuous support college administrative office
Activities of Accountancy Association:
- “Know your Tax Obligation” – a One Day Camp for filing Income Tax Return (ITRI) was organised by Accountancy Association on 25th July, 2015.
- “Talk on Technical Analysis” – CA. Vivek Patil, India’s foremost expert in Elliot Wave Analysis, delivered the talk on Investment in Shares on 9th January, 2016
- The functioning of stock exchanges were brought to the notice of our students through “Mock-Stock”. Students were given an opportunity to experience themselves how the prices of shares move up and down on the basis of demand, supply or related news. Only third year commerce students were allowed to participate. About 70 students took part and were trained by the eminent professional trainers of Bombay Stock Exchange.
- Organized a visit to BSE only for Third Year B.Com Students. On the day of visit even though it was raining badly, about 70 students along with Prof. Sunita Sherifani and Prof. Kishore Dichwalkar went right from Chembur/Kurla to Bombay Stock Exchange Building, Fort.
- Mark Snapshot: To abreast the students about financial market movement of the prices/rate of gold, silver, major currencies and up-downs in Nifty and Sensex index where regularly displayed by the students.