Dr (Ms.) Varsha Ganatra: M.Com, SET, Ph.D.(Head of the Department)
- Area of Interest: Management
Area of Research: Entrepreneurship
Recognized teacher for PG courses.
Faculty for M.Com. (Management) &T.Y.B.Com. (Banking & Insurance)
Member of Board of Studies of Commerce for syllabus framing (Autonomous) in K.J. Somaiya College Science & Commerce
Project Guide for T.Y.B.Com (Banking & Insurance) and T.Y.B.Com. (Financial Markets) students
Authored books for F.Y.B.Com. & S.Y.B.Com.
Invited as guest speaker in various colleges
- Mr. Sachin Bhandarkar: M.Com., M.Phil., NET, SET
Area of Interest: Finance
Area of Research:Tourism
Faculty and Project guide for M.Com. (Accountancy)
Authored books for F.Y., S.Y. & T.Y.B.Com. (Accounting & Finance) and T.Y.B.Com. (Banking & Insurance)
- Dr. (Mrs.) Sadhana Digvijay Singh: M.Com, B.Ed., NET, SET, Ph.D
Area of Interest: Marketing
Area of Research: Marketing and E-Banking
Faculty and Project guide for M.Com. (Management)
Invited as Guest Lecturer at various colleges.
Invited as Guest Lecturer at various colleges
1. The department conducts Swayam Shodh: Life-Skill Enhancement Program (Certificate Course) to build the abilities for adaptive and positive behaviour that enable humans to deal effectively with the demands and challenges of life. The trainer for the program is Ms. Priti Zaveri who is an international life skill trainer and currently a Resource Person for Life Skills at MHRD, India and Senior Trainer for Life Skills at Finishing School, an initiative of Government of Gujarat.
2. The Department conducts an Intra-Collegiate Festival, INNOVISION. Keeping in view the subjects related to Commerce and Management, to bring about innovative ideas from students and develop their organizational skills, different events like Ad Showmanship, Speech Craft, Business Innovations Presentation etc. are organized.
3. Visits to various Business Organisations and Industries are organised to give practical insights to the students.
4. Caters to diverse career options due to combination of subjects.
5. Conducts Remedial Lectures for Slow Learners to improve their academic performance.
6. Offering Post Graduate Courses – M.Com in Accountancy and M.Com in Management gives students more career opportunities.
7. Members of the Department contribute immensely to the administration work of the college through different Committees viz. IQAC, Examination, Infrastructure, Time Table, Discipline, Career Guidance and Placement, DLLE, Cultural etc.
ACHIEVEMENTS OF DEPARTMENT
- Dr Varsha Ganatra Recognized teacher for M.Com (Management)
- Dr. Varsha Ganatra was felicitated by VESLARC for her contribution to Innovative Teaching
- Dr. Sadhana Singh – Got Best paper presenter award for Research paper on “E Banking- A recent Trend in Commerce An Empirical Study” presented at National Conference on ‘Recent Trends in Research Methodology in Commerce, Management and Social Sciences’ organized by University of Mumbai and The Bharat Education Society’s Gadge Maharaj College of Commerce & Economics on 18th and 19th December 2015
- Dr Sadhana Singh – Got Best paper award for Research paper on “A Study On Service Quality Dimensions W.R.T. E- Banking In Public & Private Sector Banks” at Two Days International Conference on “MANAGEMENT & IT” Organized by Institute of Management & Computer Studies (IMCOST) on February 13th& 14th, 2016.
- Dr. Sadhana Singh received Rashtriya Yuva Puraskar for contribution in education and research from KND Bahuuddeshiya Mandal, Nashik on 17th March, 2017
- Shaikh Nazneen Mohd. Anees Sabina of com Accountancy secured 1st Rank in University of Mumbai with O grade and 7.00 C.G.P., total marks 336 out of 600. She was felicitated by the Vice Chancellor of University of Mumbai in Convocation Hall on 29th December 2015
External Linkages and Collaboration of Commerce Department
- Collaboration with K136 Global Sales & Marketing Partner (Japan)
Commerce Department had organised An interactive session of students with Japanese delegates of K136 Global Sales & Marketing Partner on “Upcoming Opportunities in India & Japan “. The company is an advisory firm based in Japan and supporting Japanese firms to come into the India market. At the same time, they provide this internship to create an opportunity for students to gain international business knowledge.
- Collaboration with Maruhatchi Tent Co. Ltd., Japan
MoU has been signed with Maruhachi Tent Corporation Ltd., Japan for the conduct of Internship Programme along with special internship training courses (Online & Offline).
Maruhachi Tent Corporation Ltd is a company which is into manufacturing, designing, installation and sale of tents in Japan. Located in Nagoya,city of Manufacturing, Maruhachi tent corporation has always been trying to create innovative and original tent products since it was founded in 1951. As a result, the products are so unique that those products go beyond people’s imagination. Maruhachi Tent Corporation acquired certification and got registered for ISO9001: 2000 / JIS Q 9001: 2000. Maruhachi Tent Corporation continues to strive to create innovative products.
Every year selected students are provided with the internship opportunity in the company.
The department faculty along with the Third Year B.Com students conduct Peer Learning Workshop on “Accounting Concept and Principles” for Third Year students of Polytechnic College.
- (Dr.) Minal M. Parab: Assistant Professor in Environmental Studies.
Qualification: Ph.D. (Geography) University of Mumbai, M.Phil. Planning & Development H.S.S IIT Powai. M.A. Geography University of Mumbai.
Areas of Research and Interest: Environmental Geography, Sustainable Water Management, Rural
Development, Biodiversity Conservation, Nature Trails and Meditation.
- Member of Bombay Geographical Association (BGA) Mumbai
- Member of Bombay Natural History Society. (BNHS)Mumbai
- Member of Institute of Indian Geographers (IIG) Pune
- Organized a guest lecture on “Siachen Glacier and Global Warming: An Environmental Perspective” for F.Y.B.COM Students on the 9th of January 2016. Capt.(Retd.) AmeyDeshmukh who had first-hand experience of serving at Siachen Post delivered a the lecture. The objective was understanding the environmental implications of global warming on the glaciers and over earth environment and to sensitize the students about harsh climate and difficulties faced by Indian Army.
- Organized a Nature Trail to Maharashtra Nature Park for F.Y.B.Com students. The objective was understanding Forest Ecosystem, acquiring knowledge of organic composting and biodiversity about 10 students participated in the trail they were accompanied by EVS faculty Prof. Minal Parab.
- Poster making Competition for F. Y.BOM Students. Prof. Shikha Datta and Prof. Lekha Nambiar were the respected judges.
- Mr. H. P. Shukla :M.A