Ms. Samhitha Sharma Kain: M.A. Economics, Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi, NET(Associate Professor & Head of Department), Chief Investigator for Minor Research Project by University of Mumbai along with Ms. Heena Thakkar (Co-investigator) Project number: 110, Ref No. APD/237/429 of 2017, letter dated 16th Jan 2017.
Areas of interest: Indian economy, Indian Financial System, International Economics.
Mrs. Sunita Choudhury: M.A, M.Phil, Utkal University, Odisha, SET (Assistant Professor)
Areas of interest: Advanced Economic Theory, Macro Economics, Micro Economics, Rural Economics.
Dr.Heena Ganatra M.A, DHRM, NET (Economics), PhD in Economics from SNDT University
Areas of interest: Growth and Development, Macro Economics ,Industrial and Labour economics, Financial Institution and Market.
Research Project by University of Mumbai along with Ms. Heena Thakkar (Co-investigator) Project number: 110, Ref No. APD/237/429 of 2017, letter dated 16th Jan 2017.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Salient Features/ Highlights of Economics department:
- Learner-Centric approach using multiple teaching tools to make the subject easy to grasp while at the same time current, relevant and interesting
- Economics Association with elected student office bearers (President, Secretary, Treasurer and Student Coordinators) working under faculty guidance.
- Multiple student co-curricular activities for an all rounded development
- Encouraging student participation in subject based intercollegiate competitions resulting in laurels for the college, e.g. Best College Trophy at Arth-manthan 2017, the Economics Festival of Mumbai organized by Acharaya College
- Encouraging subject based research by students with paper/ poster presentations/ publications
- Entrepreneurship Workshop with a hands on experience for in-house budding student-entrepreneurs
- Invited talks by eminent personalities and practitioners.
- Prestigious A.D. Shroff Elocution and Essay Writing Competition at regional level in collaboration with Forum of Free Enterprise for encouraging thinking, speaking and writing on current socio-economic issues.
- Student participation in an Annual Residential Leadership Camp (for one week in December) organized by Forum of Free Enterprise.
- Annual Educational Visit E.g. Barclays Bank in 2016-17 and an Environment Theme Park in 2015-16
- Conducting add-on courses with focus on honing the employability potential of studentsg. Retail Skill Course in 2016-17 and guidance for preparing for competitive exams.
- ‘Know Your Economy’ (KYE) National Level Test/ Competition in collaboration with the Scientific Research Association for Economics and Finance (SRAEF).
- Students Seminars and Quiz.
- An economics module for students opting the Additional Credit Programme.
- Book Reviews by students and Faculty on economics and related subjects
- Edutainment@ Economics Dept. through film screenings
- Emphasis on peer learning and group study methods
- Remedial Lectures for weak students by faculty and Student Teaching Assistants
Economics Association 2019-20
For the fourth consecutive year, the Economics Association carries forward the baton of bringing about
academic and co-curricular growth of all involved, making the subject more fun and practical.
While the Economics Association includes members from across different faculties and classes in the
college, the Economics Council largely includes the TYBA students who made an integral part of the
association. The Association of 2019-20 was formed through an election held on 19 th July 2019, in which
students enthusiastically came forward to nominate themselves as office bearers and truly take the
responsibility. The student office bearers elected this year are :
Name Post Miss. Aishwarya Patole President Miss. Vaishnavi Kamble Vice President Mr. Vaishak Pillai Secretary Miss. Priya Singh Joint Secretary Miss. Supriya Nair – Treasurer Miss. Kavita Yadav Co- Treasurer Mr. Mehul Lagalwar Technical Co-ordinator
Miss. Fauzia Shaikh
Miss. Yogeeta Kurdia
To cope with the many more activities that are being hosted by the department, the Association also includes student coordinators from TYBA. The Economics Association, every year encourages students to participate and grow in activities conducted, which help them promote their talents. Once again, we hope to have a very eventful and joyous year together as a team! And we are excited to cover the fascinating realm of activities that the subject of Economics covers.
Art of Living
- Aakash Viyasagar on 20/06/2016
- Asha Punjabi (2003 – 2006)
- Manisha Punjabi (2004 – 2007)
- Harikumar Govindarajan
- Ms. Seema Goyal
- Mr Jitesh
- Ms.Pooja Salien (2015-16)
- Mr. Rishiraj Banerjee
- Research Activities of Economics Department