- Mr. Vikas Ware : M.Sc. (Head of the Department)
Area of Interest: Mathematics and Computer Programming.
As member of the examination committee he has developed a software to be used for the purpose of result analysis.
- Ms. Riddhi Bharani: M.Sc.
Area of Interest: Computer programming and Combinatorics.
- Ms. Sadhana Mishra : M.Sc.
Area of Interest: Mathematics in particular algebra and analysis.
- Mr.Kunalkumar Shelar : M.Sc.
Area of Interest: Linear Algebra and Combinatorics.
- Mr.Prashant G. Swami : M.Sc., B.Ed.
Area of Interest: Differential Equations.
- Ms. Manasi Khanolkar: M.Sc.
Maths Association: Activities
- Solver Competition:
The objective of the ‘Solver Competition’ is to enhance thinking ability of the students. The competition is open to all college students with an objective to popularize mathematics and problem solving. For a week, everydaya new problem is displayed on the notice board. Students who solves the maximum problems correctly are declared as the winners.
- Mathamaze :
It is an intra-collegiate paper presentation competition. The FY, SY and TYBSc students give presentations about ideas in mathematics that AMAZE them. The selected students are further assigned a teacher mentor to prepare for the intercollegiate competitions.
- Diverse teaching methods adopted.
Department caters to Science students as well as Commerce students. Therefore diverse teaching methods are adopted depending on the need and size of the class.
- Regular tutorial classes held in smaller batches for Science as well as Commerce students
During these tutorial sessions students are encouraged to make presentations on various topics. Problem solving sessions are held.Remedial sessions are held with students who find it difficult to cope with the subject
- M³ Contest
- Special ‘Introductory Statistics’ module run for students opting for the Additional Credit Programme
- The department encourages students to participate in intercollegiate competitions.
- Bridge Program
- Math Lab