Bachelor of Accounting and Finance
- Ms. Shanthilakshmi Mudaliar (Lecturer & Coordinator of the Department)
Invitee as guest speaker in various colleges for as a subject expert of Auditing.
AREAS OF INTEREST: Auditing, Indirect Taxation, Cost Accounting, Management Accounting, Business Ethics, Corporate Governance.
Membership of subject related professional bodies: Member of ICAI
- Mr.Samarth Srichand Nebhani
MMS- Finance, NISM Certification (Mutual Funds)
AREAS OF INTEREST: Finance, Foundation Course, Commerce, Financial Markets, Banking, Corporate governance & Ethics, Management.
- Ms. Bhuvaneswari Ramamurthy (Lecturer)M.Com, B. Ed, Personal CounselorAREAS OF INTEREST: Financial Accounting, Financial Management, Cost Accounting, Personal Counseling, Occult sciences and Behavioral Finance
Relevance of Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Finance)
The present dynamic business environment requires students, to enhance the skills in complex and critical area of accounting and finance. There is need to develop analytical, technical, specialized skills to add value to the organizations. VES aims at providing the requisite skill sets and prepares the students to seize the opportunities in the area of accounting and finance.
Highlights/salient features of department:
- Students of department got an opportunity to undertake internship with corporates.
- The department arranges a one day Industrial visit for the students to give them a practical perspective of the course curriculum.
- One day exam guidance program was organized, where subject experts were invited to guide the students for preparing and writing the University exam.
- Subject specific sessions are conducted like moot court and guest lectures.
Arvestus and Postulates
- “Arvestus- the Worth of Balancing” an inter -collegiate Festival provides student with an opportunity to showcase their accounting and finance skills.
- This festival includes various events like Mock-Stock, Debate, Departmental War, Quiz and such other activities.
- These events attract various sponsors and students from many colleges all over Mumbai.
- “Postulates- Wings of Success” was successfully organized in 2014.
- Students participated in inter-departmental and inter-collegiate events throughout the academic year and won accolades for the college.