B.Com. (Banking and Insurance) Department:
- Ms. Minal Gandhi: M.Com, PGDFM, (Co-ordinator)
- Mrs. Sneha Mithbavkar: M. Com, DFM
- Mrs. Anusuya Yadav: M.Com, LLB, LLM
Experts from the field are invited as visiting faculty
Salient features / strengths of the department:
- Students research papers published in state level seminar
- Alumni joining as faculties
- Placements through the college placement cell and MMAR
- Theme based events as innovative teaching method
- Encourages students to participate in various inter-collegiate presentation, & debate competitions
- Helps to develop research culture among students through 100 marks project at third year level
- Result more than 95% at third year level in almost all academic years
- Best student of the college of academic year 2006-07 from the dept.
- Motivates students for undertaking internship during vacations
- Successfully conducting inter-collegiate festival “Euphonity” for last 10 years.
Important Activities/ department association activities / Conference / Seminar etc:
- Nationalisation Day
- A Tribute to Indian Women
- BITS Club
- Chart Making Competition
- Guest Lectures
- Other Activities
- U.G.C. sponsored One Day State Level Seminar on “Outsourcing: Boon or Bane?” in association with Higher Education Forum held on 12th August, 2014.
|Date||Activity||Topic / Theme||Type|
|16th February, 2013||Chart Making Competition||Subject related||Departmental Activity|
|13th February, 2014||Chart Making Competition||Subject related||Departmental Activity|
|20th August, 2014||Treasure Hunt||Treasure Hunt||Departmental Activity|
|1st August, 2015||Treasure Hunt||Treasure Hunt|
|29//7/2016||Bouquet Competition||Departmental Activity|
|05/07/16||Advance excel talk||Departmental Activity|
Time: 12.00 – 1.00 p.m.
|Mr. And Ms. Fresher Competition||Departmental Activity|
|2/7/2016||“How to manage money and be a smart Investor” in Association with CGSI||Inter-Departmental Activity|
11.10a.m. to 12.30 p.m.
|Guest Lecture on IRDA||Departmental Activity|
4.00 pm – 7.30.
|Sindhi Cultural Fest.|
11.30 am – 1.30 pm
|Group Discussion on the topic of dowry organised by DLLLE.|
|Date||Program||Details / No. of hours||Students Benefitted|
|Professional Efficiency Program||It was organized for Third Year Students to enhance their communication skills and ability to face interviews and participate in Group Discussions with confidence. It was 20 hours program.||13 students – At the end of the sessions mock interviews were conducted. Students were given grades on the basis of their performance during the sessions and in the interview.|
|15/03/2013 to 26/03/2013||Certificate Course in Capital Markets||tied up with Interconnected Stock Exchange of India||38 students – It was a 10 days course|
|14th, 15th& 17thOctober, 2013||“Economic Indicators: Why are these important to be Monitored?“||It was in collaboration with Ambition Learning Solutions.||27 students|
|27th March & 1st April, 2014||“Economic Indicators: Why are these important to be Monitored?“||It was in collaboration with Ambition Learning Solutions.||22 students|
|16th March, 2013||F.Y.BCom (Banking & Insurance) students – Silvassa – Nilkamal Pvt. Ltd. & Voltas Pvt. Ltd.||Process involved in manufacturing, cost involved, provision of insurance and bank loans availed.|
|6th April 2013||S.Y.BCom (Banking & Insurance) students – Silvassa – Nilkamal Pvt. Ltd. & Voltas Pvt. Ltd.||Process involved in manufacturing, cost involved, provision of insurance and bank loans availed.|
|14th July, 2014||22 students from TYBBI – visited BSE||great insights on Basics of Capital Market|
|21st July, 2014||11 students from TYBBI – visited NSE||great insights on Basics of Capital Market|
|11th February, 2016||Visited to BSE||great insights on Basics of Capital Market|
On 27/06/2015, Mrs. Minal Gandhi received a certificate of appreciation for her contribution towards Innovative Teaching Learning Methods, from Aadharshila (an innovative and collaborative group of teachers of VES), Gyanvistar, VESLARC.
Highlights of 2011-2012
Highlights of 2010-2011
Highlights of 2009-2010