An Appeal to ALUMNI
Greetings to you!
Established in 1979, VES College of Arts Science & Commerce has been serving the cause of higher education, extending varied educational opportunities to students. Besides offering the conventional BA, B.Com and B.Sc courses, several self financed courses are offered namely BMS, B.Com. B&I, B.Com. FM, BMM, B.Sc.IT, B.Sc. Comp. Sc & Biotechnology. We have attained vertical growth by introduction of M.Sc by research & papers in Microbiology, Chemistry (Organic &Analytical). Our chemistry lab is also recognized for Ph.D studies.
At VES College we are driven by the Ideals of our founder member, Late Shri. Hashuji Advani, a visionary who believed in imparting holistic education with emphasis on character building, to create good citizens. We are also inspired by the thoughts of Swami Vivekanand, who emphasized on youth empowerment for nation building. Institutions under the VES umbrella have earned repute for distancing from commercialization of education as well as for inculcating values through discipline.
As we reflect on the growth and progress of the institution, it has been a long journey dotted with many milestones of success and glory.
The college earned permanent affiliation to University of Mumbai and is recognized as 2f &12B . This recognition enabled us to get financial assistance from UGC and to build up our infrastructure and other resources.
Recently in 2012, on reaccreditation by NAAC the college was awarded “A” grade. It was possible due to team work and support of one and all: teachers, nonteaching staff, students, parents and our strong force of brand Ambassadors, our Alumni. When the NAAC peer team members interacted with all the above mentioned groups they felt a strong note of appreciation emerge spontaneously which were convincing that the college is vibrant, working towards realization of its goal of imparting quality education.
Our greater joy is the laurels brought to us by our students over several years as academic rank holders at University exams, winning prizes for sports & cultural activities, pursuing further education and being well placed in and out of India and truly contributing as a competent work force leading to national development. This was as envisaged by our beloved founder member, Late Shri. Hashuji Advani.
At this point of time the college is poised at a very critical juncture, facing challenges of shrinking financial resources, the need for having collaborations with industry, the need for giving impetus to research activities and contributing towards betterment of the community at large. We are preparing for our 3rd cycle of re-accreditation, wherein, networking- collaborating- innovating, would be the key to success. Further, as a learning organization we are responsive to the advances in technology and the evolving benchmarks in the field of education, with special reference to teaching & learning approaches.
In our Endeavour to take college to greater heights, we look up to our mighty alumni, our most potential resource for the connect to the world of work.
The Alumni association @VES ASC is waking up to the call of its alma-mater. We have our annual alumni meet on 2nd October, every year, being a national holiday.
An appeal to our Alumni
- The college offers the alumni a strong platform for networking which will be mutually beneficial. It can be done through the web page which will try to bridge the gap and provide a platform for all concerned.
- The biggest challenge is to create a database of alumni. An appeal to the alumni is to continuously update the list year-wise and geographical location wise. Keep us informed about your friends, provide their contacts/email-IDs so that complete information is compiled for updating the database.
- We need to utilize the data base mutually, wherein we look forward to your expertise in shaping the curriculum and making it relevant to suit the industry requirement. We look up to you for mentoring and guiding the freshers, helping them for placements and a lot more of valued inputs. We appeal to our alumni to forward the details of any jobs openings or business opportunities in your organization which can be posted on the web page. This may even help senior alumni members, giving them an avenue to collaborate, share this valuable information. Those belonging to research organizations could share a variety of resources.
- Raising a Corpus fund for awards/infrastructure / financial support for deserving students/nonteaching staff, for your alma mater is another major area where we seek voluntary contributions from our alumni.In recent years Alumni is reckoned as a strong driver for overall development and progress of the Institutions and we need to be one amongst them.
- We have to keep on achieving different milestones at different period of time, the current being the setting up of a computer lab. The outlay for the said project is pegged at INR 50.0 Lacs and Infrastructure up-gradation is the need of the hour. Emphasis on ICT as a very important tool for teaching and learning as well as for improving administrative efficiency makes it essential to have 2 computer centers as a very critical resource. A college of a three decade standing will have a good number of its alumni well settled and if contacted would be glad to chip in voluntarily for a good cause. Names of donors could be listed on the web page; in fact the computer labs could be proudly dedicated to our mighty alumni. This contribution will make a big difference and will enable the college to portray their sense of belonging towards their alma mater in a very strong manner.
Those desirous of seeking the tax relief will be provided with the exemption certificate under relevant section of IT Act
Your generous contributions should be marked as VESASC Alumni, enlisting the following details when you transfer funds electronically : –
|Year of Passing|
For cheque payment, the same information should be written behind the cheque.
Also please keep us informed through an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that the college can acknowledge your kind gesture
Details for transfer of your valuable donations:
- (for local, /out of station alumni members via a Electronic Transfer)
VIVEKANAND EDUCATION SOCIETY
Bank Name : ICICI BANK LTD
Account Number : 623901198877
Address : Runwal Residency, D.K. Sandhu Marg, Chembur, Mumbai – 400 071
Branch : CHEMBUR
IFSC Code : ICIC0006239
MICR No : 400229020
(for Overseas Alumni members via an Electronic Transfer)
VIVEKANAND EDUCATION SOCIETY
Bank Name : DENA BANK
Branch : WORLI BR
Account Number : 009510002086
IFSC CODE : BKDN0450095
MICR CODE : 400018024
By Cheque / Demand Draft payment
Cheque to be drawn in favour of “Vivekanand Education Society” Send at the following address:
V.E.S. College of Arts, Science & Commerce,
Sindhi Society, Chembur, Mumbai – 400 071
Looking forward to your generous contributions
Prin. Dr. Mrs. J.K. Phadnis