Placement for the Dept of Computer Science & Information Technology for 2013-14
Placement Co-ordinator – Ms Madhavi Vaidya
- TYBSc students attended a pre-placement seminar “Works Application” presented by a Japanese company in University of Mumbai, Kalina on 19/08/2013. They introduced the students with their organization and gave them assignments that they had to finish within a week. Nobody was selected in the company.
- On 29th Oct 2013, TY Comp Sci students appeared for Aptitude Tests and Interviews. Their data will be sent to companies in future as and when there is requirement.
- As a part of placement by Seed InfoTech, a session was conducted by them on 14th Dec 2013 for the TY Comp Sci students in which aptitude test, group discussion and technical interviews were also done. Results of this are yet to be declared.
- On 30th December, students of TY attended interviews at KARROX consisting of aptitude tests and interview rounds.
- On 11th Jan 2014, Wipro conducted joint campus placement in S M Shetty College, Powai. TY students of our department attended the same and three of them (Nutan, Rizwan and Greeshma) got selected. They had to clear the aptitude test, group discussion and HR interviews. Out of 45 TYIT students, 6 students (Haresh pawar , Neha Jha , Reema , Rahul Verma ,Sneha Patil and Deepak Rai) got selected for the same.
- On 14th Jan 2014, iGate conducted joint campus placement in Usha Praveen Gandhi College of Managment, Vile Parle. TY students of our department attended the same and three of them got selected. They had to clear the aptitude test, technical and HR interviews. Ms Shruti Chowdhary of TY Comp Sci got selected in the final round. Out of 25 students from TYIT, 14 students got selected.
- St. Angelos’s conducted a job fair on 22nd January 2014. 20 students of TYIT participated in the campus program. After the four rounds, 8 students from TYIT got selected for the training-cum-placement program.
- NIIT, Chembur conducted a job fair on 23rd Jan 2014. 25 students of TYIT participated in the JOB FAIR conducted at Shah and Anchor College, Chembur. After two rounds, 25 students from TYIT got selected for the next round. Results will be announced later.
- 5 Students of TYComp Sci had gone for Placement of TCS at TCS,Thane(Pokhran Road) on 14th & 16th Feb 2014. Their results were declared later and Ajay Arya got selected in this company.
- Some students of TYBSc Comp Sci had gone for placement of Wipro at Thakur College on 16th April 2014. 3 of them cleared the initial rounds and their final result is awaited.
- This time large numbers of placemets were still continued in the month of May and June till the month of August for the 2014 passed out batch. Generally, the correspondence is done by the alumni memebers of the dept and they ask the placement co-ordinator to send the students to various companies from time to time. Especially, they were for freshers
- Some of the companies, where students appeared for the interviews were ING Vysya bank, Accenture, TCS,Nokia, Syntrosys, Infosys etc
- Mr Amey Thakur along with Mr Kuldeep Singh got selected in Infosys. Jigisha Baria got selected in Wipro Infotech. Some students joined our alumni Mr Balakrishna Joshi who owns emSoft company, as developers.
- Ms Heena Chaudhary got selected in TCS and Mr Ajay Arya appeared for the interview process of Capegemini Company and got selected in this company. He joined Capegemini later and working on Teradata of Capegemini.
- Mr Manish Maurya appeared for the interview process at Senergy Intellution Pvt Ltd which is located in Chembur, Mumbai. This company works on embedded systems products. He is selected as Trainee Software Engineer. His initial work procedure will be on the software coding & testing of electronic devices/application software designed by the said company.