| Department of Computer Science and IT
Placement Report 2015-2016 This year was full of placement activities. This year the placement team conducted many more placements in the college. There were all in all 5 companies visited the college. They were – Wipro Technologies, Tech Mahindra, Atos India and LnT Placements. Out of the four, we conducted the joint campus placements for the Tech Mahindra and LnT companies.
The name of the companies for which the students appeared for the placement activities were iGate later on which is Capegemini, Wipro Technologies Ltd, Infosys, Accenture, LnT Technologies, Tech Mahindra, Atos India, TCS and Profound Edutech Pvt Ltd.
This time it has been happened that many of the good and reputed companies like Tech M, LnT and Atos India contacted the placement co-ordinator and suggested to have the placement drive in our college.
- The placement coordinator contacted the Wipro Technologies in July 2015 for the placement drive and upon getting the nod from the company the drive was conducted on 5th August’15 and as the HR mentioned that that was the second drive in India for academic year 2015-16. The recruitment drive was conducted for BSc Physics, Chemistry, Comp Sc, IT, Microbiology and Maths. It has been found that following students have been selected out of the number of students appeared for as mentioned belowComp ScDept – 18 out of 35 appeared, IT – 27 out of 50 appeared, Micro – 09 out of 14 appeared, Physics – None out of 6 appeared, Chemistry -01 out of 13 appeared Maths – 02 out of 6 appeared
- The Profound Edutech was called on 19th Aug’15 for the career guidance seminar and they conducted an Aptitude Test of 1 hr. This was conducted for Comp Sc and IT student of TYBSc around 90 student took part in this process. On 20th Sept’15, the 13 students were selected and the students had been to the office of Profound Edutech to appear for Technical Rounds.
- Around August end, the placement co-ordinator contacted LnT in the month, for the month of Sept to conduct the placements. It was decided to conduct the LnT placements on 9th Sept’15. The other college students from CHM, CKT Ulhasnagar and few more students from Thane College were allowed in the college to conduct their interview rounds along with our process. Out of 60 students who appeared for the placements for LnT campus process and 5 have been selected from Comp Sc and 7 selected form IT Dept.
- On 20th October, Mastek approached our college for the competition named Deep Blue they would be conducting friom Dec’15 onwards at National Level. Around 25 students from Computer Sc. and IT Departments students attended their seminar. Few students made their groups according to suggestions given by Mastek (from FY, SY and TY – 3 groups of 4 students each) took part in the same competition and one group comprising of SY (2 Students) and TY(2 students) from BSc Comp Sc selected in Top 25 groups at National level for the problem statement provided by Mastek which is to be completed by the month of April. Other than our students it has been noticed that all the other selected ones are mainly from Engineering Colleges and were more in number from VJTI.
- On 16th December’15 around 15 students had registered for iGate(Capegemini) placements at Vidyalankar college Wadala, 1 student from Comp Sc and 4 from IT have been selected in the campus placements.
- 20 Students of TYBSc Comp Sc and 40 students of IT were sent for Infosys placements on 18-19 Dec’15 in Pillai College Campus, Panvel and 9 from Comp Sc and 21 from IT have beenÂ selected in this company.
- The placement team conducted Tech Mahindra Placements on 29th Dec’15 and 4 colleges in the vicinity were invited along with the students from Comp Sc, IT and Maths of VES Colleg to attend the same. The colleges which were invited were Acharya college, Bhvana Trust, SIES Sion(w) and Ambedkar College. 5 students were selected from Comp Sc-VES, 6 students from IT-VES, 7 from SIES, 1 from Acharya College and 2 from Maths Dept of VES were selected. It has been observed that 116 students had appeared for the process and out of them 52 were selected in the first round i.e. Aptitude Test.
- Students of TYBSc Comp Sc attended Accenture Technologies Placements on 15th Jan’16 in Thakur College, out of 20 students 5 students from Comp Sc and from IT, out of 40 students, 15 have been selected in the placements.
- Atos India Placements were conducted on 18th Jan’16 in our college. It was conducted mainly for Comp Sc and IT students. 65 students had appeared for the first round, Aptitude Test, in the results 58 were selected in Aptitude Round, 39 students selected in the final round, i.e. Overall 18 from Comp Sc and 21 from IT selected finally.
- Students attended TCS Placements on 20th -21st Feb’15 at TCS Vikroli, 12 students out of 30 from CS and 24 out of 45 selected from IT.
- Two students from Comp Sc selected in the 1st round of eClerks Company, this placement drive was conducted with the help of our college’s placement cell.
All in all, it was a great success for all science departments and mainly it was a great achievement for TYBSc Computer Science and IT students.