Principal’s Report (2012-2013 )
Academic year 2012-2013 was very hectic in terms of activities conducted, rewarding in terms of both student and staff achievements. A significant impetus to research activities was seen with good outcomes in terms of paper presentations made by staff and students & accomplishment of doctoral degrees in the chemistry dept.
Several dignitaries visited the college enhancing its visibility. The conduct of the University Youth festival in a very systematic manner earned us recognition.
The salient features for the academic year are summarized as follows:
- Academics:The credit based system was extended to second year for all the courses. Teachers are incorporating newer effective methods of teaching, having the enhanced usage of ICT, participative teaching learning methods with a greater amount of student involvement. A lot of academic planning and scheduling was required to suitably incorporate the class tests semester exams and additional semester exams as prescribed under the credit based system.
Add-on courses conducted:
- Computer science dept. conducted python a course conducted in collaboration with Homi Bhabha science centre
- Microbiology dept. conducted Bioinformatics in collaboration with
- B.Com.(B&I) dept. conducted ‘Capital Markets in collaboration with Inter Connected Stock Exchange
The examination results: Some noteworthy achievements:
- Commendable performance of a visually impaired student scoring 75% at TY BA psychology(2012-2013)
- M.Com Part – I Topper with a high scoring – 82%
- Rank holder in Comp.Sc (2011-12)
- Conduct of seminars and Conferences
- Economics dept.
- Mathematics dept. conduct mathemight which was sponsored by NASI Mumbai Chapter (Rs. 2,00,000).
- Research Scholar’s meet was conducted in collaboration with the Indian Chemical Society, which was sponsored by Reliance group of Industries (Rs. 1lakhs) & BRNS (Rs.50,000 ).
- Computer science dept. conducted Vihan in collaboration with Wipro.
- Research Output :
- Research grants were received
- Research papers presented by faculty and students
- Research publications
- Completed Ph. D in chemistry
- 2 Teachers are pursuing their Ph.d. under Faculty Development Programme.
(Ms. Rita Ramsinghani & Mrs. Radhika Mohan)
- Achievements in extracurricular activities (Sports & cultural )
Several prizes were won by students both in sports and cultural activities. Coaching was arranged for several sports events and also a professional training was given to students for various performing events.
- Initiation of preparation for 3rd cycle of Re-accreditation:
The copy of the revised manual of NAAC was issued to every department on Commencement of college for the academic year 2012 – 2013. Meetings of HODS were conducted to discuss the probes introduced in the revised manual.
- Celebration of golden jubilee of VES
Invited dignitaries from the Ramkrishna Mission for delivering talk on the teachings of Swami Vivekanand. An intercollegiate debate competition was organized
- Career counseling & Placements activities.
The career counseling cell organized several talks for orientation and grooming of students for various placement opportunities. This year besides the initiative of the placement cell a good opening was made available for our students through Imarticus a training cum placement agency.
- Extending Learning opportunities to students:
Several avenues such forum activities, dept. association activities, participation at intercollegiate events, workshops conducted for leadership development are utilized for student development both in academics and for personality development of students.
The year concluded on a positive note with good academic results and various other outcomes such as placements, achievements of students in curricular & co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
The wholehearted support of teaching and non-teaching staff made it possible to accomplish this success.