At VES College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Sports is seen as an integral part of education. The College encourages both sports and sportsmanship. Through the Sports Department, we provide facilities and opportunities to young students for enhancement of their athletic skills and fitness.
Success isn’t something that just happens – success is learned, success is practiced and then it is shared
– Sparky Anderson
Keeping the above as our motto, the Sports Department actively encourages the following sports:
- Foot Ball
- Hand Ball
- Volley Ball
- Table Tennis
The College encourages and supports its students to participate in various tournaments at the Intra-collegiate, Inter-collegiate, University, District and State level by:
- Paying the registration / entry fee
- Providing TA/DA
- Providing apparel, sports gears, medical kits, etc.
- Appointing coaches for providing systemic training to students and improving their performance.
SPORTS IN-CHARGE – Prof. MALAY SHAH
The following facilities have been developed and maintained over the years for the students:
- A multi-purpose ground containing a 6-lane 200 m track for outdoor events like Athletics, Football, Cricket and Hand ball with a cement gallery that can accommodate 200 spectators.
- Athletic equipments such as javelin, shot put and discus of National Standard Specifications
- Volleyball court.
- Kabaddi court.
- Basketball court with red soil.
- Long jump facility.
- A Gymkhana for indoor sports like carom, table tennis and chess. The college has 12 carom boards, 3 table tennis tables and 6 chess boards.
- Badminton court in the college quadrangle. The college also hires the badminton court at the Sindhi Society Gymkhana.
- Sports gear for various practice sessions and tournaments.