College Scholarship & Prizes
Student welfare is at the heart of the college vision and governance. The institution comprehensively plans and chalks out various student welfare programmes in areas such as inclusive admission policies, infrastructural facilities, curricular, co-curricular and extension activities.
- Students are informed about these at the first year level itself during orientation programmes, by displaying and circulating notices. Class coordinators also communicate these to students.
- No student is denied admission for his/her inability to pay complete fees at the time of admission. He/she is counseled at the time of admission and is either allowed to make part payment or directed to apply for the VES Adoption scheme.
- The types of financial aids given to students are: fee waiver by college, part payment facility, through VES adoption scheme and contribution by benevolent donors. Fees concession is given to the needy students
- Institutional Scholarships such as Adoption scheme, Tulsiani Charitable Trust and Vivek Education Fundare extended to the students.
Part payment facility enables students to pay in as many installments as is feasible for them. Flexibility is also provided in the amount paid during each installment. Some students even make the payments after they get employed.
Financial assistance is extended by Vivekanand Education Society through its adoption scheme to needy students whose income is limited to Rs.50,000/- per annum (subject to availability of funds)
Students who secure the highest marks in the college exams or in the University exams will be awarded Academic Proficiency prize by the College.
- Special Incentive Prizes will be given to those students who get 60% and above in the Arts Faculty, 65% and above in the Commerce Faculty and 70% and above in the Science Faculty.
- Special Incentive Prizes will be given to those students who gets 75% and above in F.Y. & S.Y. BMM, BMS, B.Com. B&I) & B.Sc. (IT). And for T.Y. BMM, BMS, B.Com (B&I) & B.Sc.(IT) students who gets 70% and above.