- The term “business analytics” defines atechnology that uses data analysis to solve business problems. The effective use of businessanalytics has helped companies to gain acompetitive edge.
- VESIM trains you in all the three segments ofAnalytics– Data Management, Data Analysis andData Visualization.
- The Analytics subjects are taught by both theSAS and VESIM faculty.
- In 2017, VESIM is introducing Hadoop, R –Programming, Internet of Things and High Performance Analytics as subjects.
- Students will get opportunities to learn textmining, sentiment analytics and visual analytics.
- In Trimester V, students can opt for any twospecializations from the following:
- Supply Chain Analytics
- Marketing Analytics
- Financial Analytics
- High Performance Analytics
- Students will get opportunities to work onvarious projects on IoT and Analytics.
- Our facility features SAS, Hadoop and R –programming software, 2 dedicated servers, and100 computers.
- Placement opportunities are excellent as mostcompanies are slowly realizing the importance ofdata analysis and its impact on their business.
Banking & Finance
- Finance has remained the most importantchoice of the management students all over the world due to its significance in everyone’s lifeand as a tool for measuring the economic growthof any country and the organization.
- In today’s ever-changing business environment,financial executives are exploring ways in whichthe financial function can bring greater value totheir organizations.
- The evolution of financial analytics has beendriven by the emergence of new businessmodels, the changing role of the traditionalfinance department, modifications to businessprocesses and advances in technology.
- Keeping this aspect in mind and the necessity toeducate and produce proficient andknowledgeable professionals in the area offinance, specialization of banking & finance hasbeen set up.
- This specialization area provides domainknowledge not only in the area of finance butcovers analytics extensively.
- Students learn 8 analytics subjects spread over5 trimesters.
- Marketing is the principal reason behind thesuccess of any business. A specialization inmarketing stream enhances the skills of thestudents from basic and covers advanced levels.
- The course provides theoretical models inMarketing that adds to the knowledge of howmarkets work and how to compete effectively inthe market. The course provides an Applicationbased Practical approach to deal with variousreal life scenarios.
- The goal is to increase the depth of knowledge inthis area so that they can take strategic decisionswith regards to Products and Services.
- With specialization in Marketing, students willlearn modern techniques of reaching out to aconsumer in the ‘New Economy’ using variousdigital tools.
- The Marketing specialization program createsemployable professionals catering to industry byimparting focused and dedicated training of jobaspirants.