About Us

Dream of providing altruistic qualitative education elicited Shri Hashu Advani to raise an amiable society titled Vivekanand Education Society(VES), initially with minimal graduates preached  in a small barrack has now transformed into a hub town of emancipating eminent graduates to different streams  carved to face the enticing environment through their 26 institutions ranging from a crèche to PhD  centers.

 

VES Institute Of Technology making its presence in Mumbai tops the list of preference on admissions not only on the factor of being an old institution aged 31 because of its efficient functioning on imparting quality education through a process of innovative teaching inherited with techniques like Process Oriented Guided Inquiry Learning, Peer learning, Flipped Class room and Google class room concept. As the postulates of quality education does not narrows down with an insight in teaching it includes features contributing to the aspects of looking beyond the syllabus like global exposure, skill enhancement lectures, professional competency enhancement programs and so on.

 

The Centre of Excellence labs in the institute such as Labview Academy of National Instruments, Big data Analytics lab with Cloudera, VLSI lab with Cadence, Wireless lab with D Link provides opportunity to the students to learn the upcoming technologies.  Accenture Career Day, L&T Day, Technological lecture series by industry experts also increases Industry institute interaction and CII-Tech connect (Industry Institute Interaction program) conducted by Emerson Network Power and Confederation of Indian Industries in association with International Society of Automation, Maharashtra State Chapter gave students an idea of the skills to survive and excel in competitive environment with the help of technical lectures and management games.  The Research & Development culture in the college helped  to bag seven hardware R & D projects from Larsen & Toubro, one project with Kotak Mahindra , three projects from IIT Mumbai and two minor research grants from Mumbai University.

 

The Institute affiliated to the University of Mumbai follows the rules and regulations laid down by government, AICTE, and University for admission, as 51% reserved for Sindhi Linguistic  minority while the rest of 49% is filled through CAP test where as the management quota is been surrendered to DTE to make admission centralized. The institute has a well qualified faculty who are carefully selected on their accomplishments. There are total of 189 faculties out of which 18 are Ph.D. holders and another 29 faculty members are pursuing Ph.D.

 

To meet the increasing demand for an assortment of courses, the institute is always in the development of augmenting the infrastructure facilities and technology upgradation for providing a healthy educational atmosphere for its students.

 

Students are encouraged to participate in extracurricular activities. Some of the major activities in the institute include Praxis an annual inter-collegiate technical festival, Utsav a cultural festival, VESIT premier league, VESIT cricket league and so on.