Staff In-charge: Dr. (Mr.) P.P. Vaidya
R&D Department undertakes various R&D projects from industries and works on various research problems for Ph.D students in VESIT.
- Electronic Radioactivity Simulator in collaboration with BARC. This project was funded by BRNS for an amount of 22 lakhs and for duration of 3years.
- Multi-channel analyzer, Nuclear Counting System – in collaboration with industry.
- Analysis and Monitoring of Degradation of Insulation in H V Transformers as M.E project in collaboration with industry.
- ME student Projects on “Nuclear Detector Characterization” in collaboration with I.I.T, Mumbai and “Sensor network for Agricultural application” in collaboration with industry.
- Low Level Signal Generation funded by V.E.S.I.T
- Signal Processing circuit for Rogowski coil based integrator with low time constant
- Low level sensing (from 2mA onwards) in industrial environment
- DC level shift correction for sensing true AC signal.
- Peak detection of low level signals in frequency range of 5KHz to 25KHz
- High Speed Time to Amplitude Converter.
- Leakage detection using Fibre Optics.
- Application of Kalman Filter to Nuclear Engineering Data.
- Bayesian Estimation of Nuclear Engineering Data.
Ph.D Research Projects:
- Low Level Signal Processing systems.
- Reconfigurable ADCs
- Optimise Nuclear spectroscopy System
- Research in New Techniques for on-line monitoring insulation degradation.
- Research for changes in characteristics of optical fibres with changes in various Parameters like temperature, vibration etc.