At DBC, we believe in activity based education.
Along with academics, we conduct lots of art and craft workshops wherein children learn to prepare book marks, wall hangings, paper bags, dolls, torans, greeting and invitation cards etc. Its imbibes in them the values of team work through sharing , caring and a competitive spirit when they participate in many in house competitions spread through out the year like elocution, music, coloring, story telling writing etc. Children also participate in Inter-School competitions organized by Department of Education, Bombay Arts and Sports, Rotaract Club, Rhythm- Sawan, Nrityanjali, Vivekini . We also have an Annual Cultural function and Sports Day every alternate year where we encourage all students to perform on stage/ground to boost their confidence and explore their hidden talents.
Our activities are not only limited to students but also for parents to upkeep their interest in the school .We have competition for parents like Arti Thali decoration, Best out of waste, Best tiffin competition , etc. On sports day, parents participate in a separate race dedicated for them.
Overall, the structure of our academics are built around:
- Social, emotional and intellectual development
- Observation, thinking logically and implementing the solution
- Art and drama by role play method
- Free Play to develop touch and analytical thinking
- Scheduling food patterns and mannerism
- Including safety circle by practical methods
- Importance of wildlife, nature, traffic rules, Indian festivals and celebration
- Family values