I take their hands in mine
And we begin a journey filled with change.”
– Susan Hansen in “Metamorphosis”
Vivekanand English High School, an affiliate of Vivekanand Education Society aims and endeavors to provide quality education with the same passion and commitment with which the genesis of the School was laid by the founder Late. Shri.HashuAdvaniji. We are dedicated in shaping young minds into becoming true, creative, compassionate and innovative citizens and future leaders and to explore, experience, achieve and apply the knowledge learnt.
Our Success story lies in the fact that we produce extraordinary students from ordinary backgrounds and therefore we are proud, yet humble, to be a part of an educational system that continues to set benchmarks for the generations to follow. We take the modesty to say that we are doing our best and striving hard to provide quality education not only through creating innovative and engaging learning but also through emphatic collaborative learning.
“I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think”-Socrates. Open mindedness, a multicultural orientation, independence, a global outlook, multiple intelligences and abilities – these are the premium qualities needed today. As a 21st century organization, the school desires to set an approach to learning that incorporates inquiry, research, analytical thinking and an ethical approach that becomes a lifetime habit. The students are helped to focus on confidence building, while nurturing a strong sense of social and environmental responsibility through academic and co-curricular activities as we believe, like Paul “Bear” Bryant that, “It is not the will to win, but the will to prepare to win that makes the difference”.
We foster a positive spirit and believe in partnership between students, parents, teachers and support staff striving to create a milieu that sustains excellence. We relentlessly work to develop lofty morals, high compassion and a sense of discipline. We am confident that Vivekanand English High School will always be a beacon of light, guiding the destiny of its students and radiating kindness and compassion, pursuing excellence and fulfilling the motto: “Quality Education for all”
Let us all resolve to “Empower to transform.”
“May the Lord Almighty bless all of us to achieve success here & thereafter in our journey towards excellence”.
“We are dedicated to mould children into world citizens of tomorrow equipped with state-of-the-art knowledge, moral attributes, spiritual insight, dedication and love for the human kind through application of latest educational tools and personality development programmers in frequent collaboration with like-minded institutions. With international teaching standards, a team motivated to perform, and continuous striving towards excellence, we wish to provide an environment that leads to wholesome unfolding of a student’s potentials.”
Today, the role of school is not only to pursue academic excellence but also to motivate and empower the students to be lifelong learners, critical thinkers, and productive citizens of the changing global society.
At VEHS, we provide an atmosphere to our students for multifaced development, where children are encouraged to channelize their potential in the quest of excellence. This can only be possible in a holistic, student-centric environment. The school aims to light up in its students the desire to develop a lifelong habit of learning.
At VEHS, the growth of each individual student is our focus. We recognize that as we ‘work together and learn together’ students will be best able to achieve their potential.
I am very fortunate to work with such dedicated, innovative and caring staff members, parents and students. I find each day an adventure filled with new experiences, learning for all, and a chance to constantly widen our horizons. It always gives me a great pleasure to see the smiling faces of children and I must admit that on many days it is the students who make my day a little brighter.
As Principal, I would like to personally welcome you to our VEHS family. We hope that your child’s journey with us will surely help in yielding fruitful results and envisage our shared dreams .
VEHS – Kurla
- To provide conducive academic atmosphere to students.
- To improve overall academic performance of students.
- To inculcate discipline as a value among students.
- To render service to society.
These aims are to be achieved by:
- Creating an environment where relationships are consistent and based on mutual respect.
- Promoting moral values and encouraging an awareness and understanding of different ways of life.
- Ensuring that pupils understand what is expected of them, in particular to be considerate, courteous and honest.
- Guiding pupils’ behavior and progress in such a way that praise and encouragement are much more common than reprimands and sanctions.
- Ensuring that the needs of individual pupils are identified and that each pupil knows he has access to teachers who will give guidance on pastoral or academic matters.
- Providing opportunities for pupils to extend their personal interests and experiences and to develop both self reliance and social and cultural awareness.
- Organizing activities which allow for co-operative effect, good-tempered competition and the development of loyalty and leadership.
- Providing a liberal education through a curriculum that is broad and as balanced as possible.
- Delivering stimulating lessons which promote academic rigour and enable pupils to show high achievement.
- Setting and assessing homework on a regular basis.
- Creating an orderly environment where pupils respond to challenge, where they work hard with a sense of commitment and enjoyment, where they take pride in their work and appreciate the value of what they are learning.
- Involving parents fully in the education of their children by making communication easy, informative and effective.
- Encouraging parents to support the life of the School in general.
- Continuing to develop links with the local and wider communities, through outreach programmes and the bursary schemes.
- Recruiting and retaining staff of high standards and providing satisfying and stimulating careers, through continuing professional development training.
- Ensuring that the School is a safe and healthy community.
- Ensuring that all pupils are afforded equal opportunities.