Address: Vivekanand Education Society’s College of Arts, Science & Commerce,
Sindhi Society, Chembur, Mumbai 400071, INDIA.
Tel.: +9122 25227470
Self Financing Courses
Tel. : +9122 25284132
Fax: +9122 25227514
Teaching and Research are the two most important functions of Institutes of higher Learning. It is well established that teaching contributes to enhancement of research and research contributes to enrichment in levels of teaching. We at VES recognize this and have always attached prime importance to research.The rise in the number of projects, up gradation of infrastructure and the increase research productivity in terms of publications and research degrees are all a result of our persistent efforts to improve the research culture at our college . Our efforts were well recognized and we received the DST-FIST Grant in the year 2015-2016.The teaching staff of the College is pursuing research with vigour, apart from their usual teaching and other responsibilities. Work on several UGC and University sponsored projects is being carried out in the College. The College has 07 recognized guides supervising PhD/MSc by research...Read more
Research always has an underflow of collaborations, it cannot exist in isolation. The research base of this institute also depends on collaborations with neighbouring institutes, companies and organizations.
- We have informal collaboration with VES College of pharmacy, Lupin Laboratories and Materials research groups of Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science, IIT Bombay for using research facilities including Instruments for analysis.
- Collaborative Undergraduate Biology Education (CUBE) in collaboration with HBCSE promotes undergraduate research. Students of BT and Microbiology department are a part of this nationwide network. In fact, it has tremendously influenced the scientific ..Read more
Developing institute-industry interface is a thrust area and could be mutually beneficial in several ways. The strategies adopted for the same are
- Establishment of the CIF, will enhance our capability for undertaking research in diverse areas and will give us opportunity for extending consultancy/ service to clients.
- Focusing on applied research.
- Recruitment of staff with a specialized expertise is also an avenue to build upon a valued resource of specialist in the institution.
- Formal tie up in the form of MOUs.
- Alumni involvement in conduct of activities.
- Sending students for internships, inviting experts from industry, industrial visits are some of the other strategies adopted.
The consultancy service has not generated any revenue so far. However our faculties were involved in consultancy for different academic institution..Read more
Central Instrumentation Facility
The Central Instrumentation Facility is equipped with sophisticated instruments is for research in the subjects of Chemistry, Microbiology, Biotechnology and Physics using DST-FIST. It has instruments like as HPLC, FTIR, GC, UV-Visible spectrophotometer
REMOTE ACCESS TO E-RESOURCES
All e-resources like databases, e-journals and e-books are available through Remote access platform MYLOFT
NLIST : The Project entitled “National Library and Information Services Infrastructure for Scholarly Content (N-LIST)”, being jointly executed by the UGC-INFONET Digital Library Consortium, INFLIBNET Centre and the INDEST-AICTE Consortium, IIT Delhi provides for i) cross-subscription to e-resources subscribed by the two Consortia, i.e subscription.