Late Shri Hashu Advani was a visionary who chose education to build a strong nation. He felt the compelling need to build an institution, which makes education accessible to students from all strata of society and inculcates high moral values in them. It was his inspirational vision that laid the foundation of Vivekanand Education Society (VES) in the year 1962.
Big thinking indeed precedes great achievements. Today, the society runs 21 educational institutions offering courses from Pre-primary to Ph.D. The journey that started with 256 students in 1962 has now expanded to accommodate more than 20000 students, who are taking various courses across these 21 institutes. Addressing the rising importance of corporate governance and the need for global management education, the VES Institute of Management Studies and Research (VESIM) came into being in the year 1994.
VESIM is affiliated to the University of Mumbai and has received ‘A grade’ certification from Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) – Govt. Of Maharashtra. The courses are approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
Since its inauguration, VESIM with its proven pedagogy, multi disciplinary approach, state-of-the- art facility, outstanding faculty members and industry experts has produced several distinguished corporate leaders. We are dedicated to transforming each student into a future-ready manager and a global citizen with a rewarding career.
Vision-Mission and Quality Policy
- To be the most preferred institution for higher management education in Mumbai.
- Develop socially responsible managers who are well grounded in theory and its application to real world problems in their fields.
- Develop an institution that contributes to new knowledge creation.
- Develop faculty capable of synthesizing, communicating and creating knowledge in collaboration with industry, peers, alumni and students.
- Teaching will be based on continuously updated courses that inculcate the principle of entrepreneurship.
- Pedagogy will incorporate global best practices in management education.
- Research will be based on theoretical and evidence based practices, with integrity and a frontier based approach.
- Emphasis will be given on building social consciousness.
- Students are readily employable in their fields in A or B tier firms.
- Students perform with minimum 2.5/4 CGPA (PGDM) and 6/10 CGPA (MMS) in final exams.
- Students possess the capacity for independent research.