Vocational Guidance means assistance given to an individual in solving problems related to career planning and to choose the occupation that one is interested and wants to assert considering the individuals personality, skills and their relation to occupational opportunities. We provide assistance in solving problems relating to choice of career, change in occupation and alterations made from the standpoint of society.
Vocational Guidance Bureau includes:
Counselling- counselling is the provision of professional assistance and guidance in resolving personal or psychological problems. We provide personal counselling, parent- child counselling, parent counselling and counselling for all the age groups.
Aptitude test- Aptitude test is an instrument used to determine and measure an individual’s ability to acquire ,through future training some specific set of skills.
This battery of tests can be used to help our students in the following ways:
1. Chose among educational and career options based on strengths and weaknesses.
2. Help an individual understand why they perform well or poorly in certain subjects.
3. Can suggest new career options which were not previously considered.
4. Change or raise educational and career aspirations.
Workshops: we conduct workshops for children covering topics that they need to know how to manage in their growing up years for instance: Time Management, stress Management , workshop about knowing your own body, Health and well being etc.
Follow ups: Follow up is done with students with counselling , Learning disability students to identify their level of understanding or their own self and accordingly prepare for future plans.
1. We have Adoption Scheme for the children.
2. We have Book Bank for the children too we distribute books for the students.
3. SOF- We have a major section of students participating in the Science Olympiad Foundation.
4. We also participate in “Health Fair” organized by K. J. Somaiya college.