Accounting & Finance
About the Department
- BAF course provides analytical, technical & specialised skills to the students, which enables them to demonstrate their knowledge and ability, to add value to the organisations that they will be a part of.
- The present dynamic business environment requires students, to enhance the skills in complex and critical areas of Accounting, Finance and Taxation
- We encourage our students to go ahead with professional course in excellent prospects to choose from varied courses like Chartered Accountancy (ICAI), Cost Accountant (ICMAI), Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), MBA, Chartered Finance Analyst (CFA), and Company Secretary (ICSI).
- The scope of B.Com Accounting and Finance are usually hired in the areas like Educational Institutes, Banks, Stock exchanges, Excise departments, Auditing offices, Business Analyst, Money Manager, Risk Analyst, Senior Accountant, Market Analyst, Financial Analyst, cashier, Investment Banker, etc.
- Accounting and Finance degrees provide you with knowledge of accountancy practices, commerce, industry and finance.
- This course will help you to develop a range of subject specific and technical skills, you also gain more general skills like numerical and quantitative skills, oral and written communication skills, entrepreneurship.
1. Dr. (CS) Anu Bansal
Designation: Coordinator, Assistant Professor
Qualification: NET(Commerce), NET(Management), Ph.D. (Commerce), CS, MBA(IB) Gold Medalist, M.Com. (ABST)
Area of interest: International Finance, Security Analysis & Portfolio Management, Economics, Business Law
Designation: Assistant Professor
Qualification: SET, MMS, M.Com., DBM
Area of interest: Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting, Management Accounting, Financial Management.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE VESASC BAF DEPARTMENT:
Students’ Academic Performance in Final Year:
VESASC BAF Students Association is voluntary association of students of BAF department, which was formed in 2018, for empowering young minds. It helps in creating reading habits through newspaper/ magazine/ articles readings and book reviews. It gives them an opportunity to make article presentation to give them confidence and overcome stage fright. Value systems and thinking ability of the student is enhanced through lateral thinking, management skill games and TED Talks videos. Tax Mela and poster presentations gave the students a platform to exhibit their knowledge and demonstrate their learnings to the audience. Guest Lectures are organized on GST, M&A, MF, etc. which helps them to gain practical knowledge beyond the books.
Skill Development Course helps the students to bridge the gap between theory and practice and sharpen their skills by giving them hands-on training to improve their prospects of employability with leading organisations.
Industrial Visits are organized for the students to provide a practical perspective about the working of the industry and with an aim to go beyond academics.
Arvestus an inter-collegiate festival is an event organized by students of BAF department. It provides a platform to showcase their talent and creative ability. It helps them to gain practical knowledge of functions of an organisation like budgeting, organizing, marketing, promotions and conduct of the event.
Students get an excellent opportunity to participate in NSS, LLLE, Youth Festival, Sports, Cultural Events, Marathi Vangmay and many more such University / College initiated activities.
Young Achievers of the BAF Department:
Students Toppers in TYBAF
7 of 7
7 of 7
7 of 7
7 of 7
9.98 of 10
9.83 /10 (Overall Semesters)