Banking & Insurance
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
- Bachelor of Commerce in Banking & Insurance provides an avenue for shifting from general education to professional education. The three year (six semesters) BBI degree aims at preparing students to exploit opportunities, continuously striving to provide a strong understanding of fundamentals about Banking, Insurance & other financial services by Remedial Teaching for slow learners. We inculcate training, and practical approach, by organizing industrial visits, Guest lectures and use modern technology for teaching.
- Banking is defined as the business of dealing in money while insurance is the protection against possible loss. Actuary sciences, auditing, financial counseling, claims examination and policy processing are some fields that come under this. Apart from this Investment Banking Analyst, Insurance claims adjuster, Credit Analyst, Insurance investigator.
- Our theme based events are always collated in line with current industry trends and dynamics which gives students an opportunity to always stay connected and updated with recent changes and updates in Banking and Insurance .
- We encourage our students to take part in various competitive examinations including IBPS, CET, CAT, IRDA, SET / NET / PET etc.
1. Mrs. Minal Gandhi
- Designation: Coordinator, Assistant Professor
- Qualification: M.Com., PGDFM.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Area of Interest: Accountancy, Direct Taxation, Banking & Finance
- Research Interest: IFRS, Green Banking
- Recognized twice for being Innovative Teacher by VESLARC
- Completed Swayam Arpit Online Refresher Course in Commerce
- Completed MOOC Course from John Hopkin’s University (2013-14)
- Completed an online course in AuthorAID Course in Research Writing (2015-16)
2. Mrs Sneha Birje
- Designation: Lecturer
- Area of Interest:Accountancy, Banking and Finance
- Research Interest:
- Emerging trends in Banking Sector
3. Mrs Anusuya Yadav
- Designation: Lecturer
- Qualification: M.Com (Management), LLM (Corporate Law), MBA (Marketing), MA (Sociology)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Area of Interest: Law , Management and Research
- Research Interest: Employee Engagement, Talent Management
- Recognition/ Achievements/ Activities :
- Recognised consecutively for 3 years for being an Innovative Teacher by VESLARC.
- Completed Academic writing course from Swayam.
SALIENT FEATURES OF THE DEPARTMENT:
- Alumni joining as faculties
- Theme based events as Innovative teaching method
- Encourages students to participate in various Inter-collegiate presentation, & Debate competitions
- Helps to develop research culture among students through 100 marks project at third year level
- Result more than 95% at third year level in almost all academic years
- Motivates students for undertaking Internship during vacations
- Successfully conducting inter-collegiate festival “Euphonity” for last 10 years
- Students research papers published in state level seminar
- Organizes Educational and Industrial Visits
- Conduct of co-curricular activities by the association BITS Club.