ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
- The dynamic nature and scope of business today has made it extremely important for institutions of learning to train students to become leaders, who are well versed with the latest concepts and practices.
- Keeping the need of the industry for trained students the department has devised its own style of delivering the program to equip the students with the required skill sets.
- We @BMS aim to develop managers with a sense of responsibility and accountability.
1. Mrs. Kanthi Viswanath
- Designation: HOD, Assistant Professor
- Qualification: M.B.A. (Finance), CTM(ICFAI), NET(Management)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Area of Interest: CSR, Sustainability Management, Strategic Management, Business Ethics, Corporate Governance, Corporate Communication .
SALIENT FEATURES OF THE DEPARTMENT:
- Integrates industry interaction in the form of guest lectures, summer internships and live projects in subjects like entrepreneurship.
- Presentation, case studies, workshops & role plays are an integral part of the curriculum delivery process.
- Intercollegiate festival CONFLUENCE provides a platform for students to showcase their managerial capabilities. The event attracts big sponsors and students from nearly 30 colleges from all over Mumbai.
- The department’s KNOWLEDLE CLUB and MENTOR CLUB provides a platform for bonding activities as well for avid quizzers, debaters and others to showcase their capabilities.
- The department holds annual specific theme based events such as Biz Dramatiz, Rural Haat, Traveller’s Haven etc.
- SEWA – the social entrepreneurship annual event of the department is an innovative student driven concept which combines entrepreneurship with the joy of giving.
- Students participate in intra-collegiate and inter-collegiate events throughout the year winning laurels for the college.
- Students with special needs are provided with support system to enable them to integrate with the normal curriculum delivery process.
- Continuous counseling and mentoring of the students happen for both academic and non-academic problems faced by students.
- The department arranges industrial visits for the students based on the educational needs.