ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
In this day & age, whether it is an individual or an entity, having a niche expertise is vital since it is the only way to substantively differentiate yourself from the rest. Therefore, the Department of Bcom (Finance) at VES is designed to make the learners specialize in the field of Finance.
- Bcom (Finance) aims at facilitating learners about all the “What, When, Why’s, How’s, Where’s” of the field of Finance which would enable them to create a truly differentiated value and progress in the field.
- The Structure of the course is meticulously designed keeping in mind the need of the Industry. The learners gain an in-depth knowledge of core courses focusing on accounts, corporate finance, risk management, foreign exchange management, portfolio management, business law, global economy, interest rates, merger & acquisitions etc. The course is based on experiential learning & case studies.
- The Department has partnered with GlobalGyan for imparting professional training of 400 hours to the learners and thereby enhance their employability skills.
B.com in Finance Curriculum @VESASC enables the learners with the 21C Skills that:
- Prepares students for Future with 21st century skills.
- Campus to Corporate readiness.
- Expertise in the field of finance.
- The Course gives the students a strong base to pursue future degrees such as MS in Finance (abroad), MBA (Finance) ,CA, CFA, CMA, CFP, IFRS,FRM, etc. It prepares the learners to work with corporates, leading banks, financial institutions, regulatory bodies in the areas of risk management, portfolio management, corporate finance etc.
1. Ms. Kiran Ghosh
- Designation: Co-ordinator, Assistant Professor
- Qualification: MA(Business Economics), M.Com (Banking & Finance), SET (Commerce)
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Area of Interest: Business Economics, Management, Marketing
- Research Interest: Macro Economics, Leadership, Motivation Theories.
- Publications: Presented and Published a Research Paper in National Conference on “Is Feminism a threat to Indian Culture.”
SALIENT FEATURES OF THE DEPARTMENT:
- Use of Innovative Teaching Methodologies for engaging lectures.
- Application based learning where students are given practical projects for subjects/topics covered.
- Conduct of co-curricular & extra- curricular activities to facilitate all round development of students.
- 400 hours Professional Training by GlobalGyan to make students Corporate-ready by enhancing their employability skills.
- Compulsory internship to all students to give them hands on training of corporate life.
- Regular Guidance Lectures / Seminars / Workshops by Industry Experts.
- Conduct of Field Visits.