Department of Information Technology
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
- B. Sc IT Department of VES College is preparing its students and team for the future to attain gradual success by adopting value-based strategies with positive spiraling effect.
- B.Sc IT Department secured the Best Department Award in recognition of defined thrust areas by the College for the year 2012-13 and 2015-16
- The Department fulfills its dream of inculcating group dynamics, human skills, and employable skills in the students by publishing its annual News tabloid THAT’S IT and through the department Tech-Fest SAGACITY.
- Department conducts subject-oriented seminars, and other activities for the students to develop their communication and managerial skills. Besides the above, we conduct many activities like ITCL, Industrial Visits, TECHNOCRAT AND JUST-DO IT to make the best of the students’ potential.
- Our innovative practice includes Min Web/App Development, 3P evaluation, GO Presentation and many more other activities that are conducted throughout the year.
1. Mrs. Shital Patil
- Designation:In-charge Co-ordinator
- Qualification:, C-DAC.
- Area of Interest:Linux RHLL, Programming Languages, DCN, Internet Technology, Web Designing, Modern Operating System
2. Mrs. Prajisha Jitesh
- Designation: Lecturer
- Qualification: M.Sc.(CS)
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Area of Interest: Network Security, Programming Languages, Web Designing, DCN, Internet Technology, Wireless Communications
3. Mrs. Divya Shetty
- Designation: Lecturer
- Qualification: M.Sc.(IT)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Area of Interest: Software Engineering, Software Testing, Project Management, Computer Networks, Operating System, Introduction to Computers
SALIENT FEATURES OF THE DEPARTMENT:
- Qualified core faculty
- Experts from the field are invited as Visiting Faculty
- Very good placement record
- Practices notice board study to share the latest happenings
- Develops vocabulary building skill to improve the vocabulary skills of the students
- peer-to-peer learning methodology of teaching
- Four different forums’ namely activity report forum, forum slot forum, feedback forum and notice board study forum, creation in SYBSc IT to ensure the smooth transactions of the department
- Book-Review as one of the internal evaluation criteria for FYBSc IT Students
- Chart making competition for FYBSc IT students in the subject of Professional Communication
- Regular conduct of guest lectures and seminars in the forum slot by the Industry/alumni/Subject-Expert
- Regular conduct of behavioral study sessions and GD sessions at forum slot
- Provides In-House Library (other than the college library) to access more number of books
- Strong and effective informal external linkages
- Extended Alumni Support
- Mini projects to collate the theoretical view into practical applications
- Alumni Sessions and industries workshops to enhance the employability skills of the students