Shri Hashu Advani
We, at VES College of Arts, Science and Commerce are driven by the ideals of Swami Vivekanand and follow our founder member, Late Shri. Hashuji Advani, a visionary who believed in imparting holistic education with emphasis on character building to create good citizens who can contribute effectively towards nation building. The Management has proactively and constantly lent its support to ensure that the quality of teaching-learning is sustained, while at the same time, there is a vertical and horizontal growth in the college. Accordingly, the following characteristics of our distinctiveness have emerged over time:
- We have earned repute for distancing ourselves from commercialization of education. No donations are taken and no capitation fee charged for admission.
- VES Management follows transparent administrative practices, in all its transactions with students, faculty and all others concerned.
- Collaborative and participative functioning is also our strength wherein policy decisions right from the Management are taken after deliberations and brainstorming sessions with the heads at different levels.
- We have appointed full time teachers in the new autonomous and SFC courses in college to continue our endeavour to attract qualified and dedicated teachers and to realize our goal of imparting Quality Education.
- For effective teaching-learning, our efforts towards revision and updation of the curriculum after acquiring autonomy reflects our constant striving for academic excellence. We also have incorporated diverse teaching methods and learner centric methodologies as well as various ways of internal assessment. Regular posting of lecture notes, uploading of board work, lecture recordings, sharing self made or online educational videos, periodic conduct of online quizzes etc. in Google classroom were very much appreciated by our students during the pandemic. All examinations for theory were conducted using online proctored exam modality which ensured technical support for every student.
- College endeavors to inculcate a strong sense of discipline in its functioning through the Principal, faculty, Anti-Ragging Cell and Discipline Committee etc.
- Inclusiveness of education is ensured through Remedial courses, Certificate courses and enrichment lectures that help the students from marginalized groups, while add-on courses like ACP help the advanced learners.