Additional Credit Programme
Distribution of traits in the human population is bell shaped. Intelligence is proved to be normally distributed and we at the college have observed that so is the ability and motivation to work hard. Most students in every stream focus on learning the contents of the syllabus well, and then there are those who want more stimulation, they look for higher challenges. Our college runs a program every year for such students who are looking for more than what the syllabus has to offer. This program is called “Additional Credit Program”.
In the year 2007 Additional Credit Program (ACP) was launched for advanced learners of our college with the strong conviction that the aim of education should be to teach our students how to think, rather than what to think. The aspiration of the ACP team is to allow the willing students to go beyond prescribed syllabus in their subject of interest and EXPLORE. This we hope would inculcate a culture of research and scholastic pursuit amongst some of our students.
The mission of the program is to provide an educational experience, to diverse group of high achieving students, which will nurture growth of whole student academically, socially emotionally and intellectually.
- The program aims to broaden and deepen the scope of University prescribed syllabus
- Additional knowledge and skills in their fields of interest gained by putting in extra hours in addition to regular curriculum.
- The entire program would contribute to students overall development by participating in self-enhancement sessions and study of legal rights etc.
- The program also allows the student to cross the borders of different disciplines to earn credits.
- An under graduate student opts for this program at his/her first year .The program is spread over three terms as explained in the structure.
- On the completion of the program the student will be awarded a certificate by the college. Student opting for the course will be charged additional fees
Structure of the Program
Three components to be covered over three academic terms as follows:
Interdisciplinary Training : 50 HRS IN THE SECOND TERM OF FIRST YEAR
This module will have :
- Compulsory Components : (26 hours)
Self enhancement, goal setting sessions, Law, Community Health, E-Communication
- Three 8 – hour Electives to be chosen from an array of interdisciplinary topics. (24 hours)
Find here detailed syllabi of module 1
OBJECTIVE: To acquaint students with life skills by familiarizing them with an array of subject areas that will enrich their academic and personal lives.
Research component : 45 HRS( minimum) OVER SECOND YEAR
This module will see students involved in individual research projects under teacher mentors. The broad idea of “research” here encompasses the following
- Case study
- Website designing
- Meta analysis
- Algorithm application
- Designing experiments
- Microbiological analysis
- Application of mathematical results
- Book Review
OBJECTIVE: To inculcate research acumen amongst students and acquaint them with the process of knowledge generation.
Community Service: 30 HRS OF SOCIAL WORK SPREAD OVER A.C.P. TENURE
OBJECTIVE: To sensitize students towards community concerns and to orient them to shoulder their responsibilities towards society
Presentations of Students who completed the modules were evaluated by a panel of teachers and the best three presentations were given cash prizes. The following were adjudged the best amongst others.
Research Poster Presentation Results 2016
Condition Of Women In Modern India
Comparative Study Of Food Habits Between People Of Rural (Alibaug) And Urban (Chembur, Mumbai) Area.
Examination Should Be Replaced By Another Form Of Assessment
The Effect Of Others Judgement On An Individual’s Behaviour
Street Theatre- Voice To The Voiceless
Wonders Of Jane Austen
|Batch of 2015
Day 1 – 3/7/15
Day 2 – 7/7/15
Batch of 2014
Program Coordinator: Ms. Aarohi Khar