Department of Sociology
- The department has always encouraged students to gain experience in different aspects of life, which gives them a glimpse of the “real social world”.
- The Department encourages students to undertake outreach activities like visits to NGO’s for the differently abled and elderly which gives them a first hand experience of the actual problems our discipline deals with.
- We also conduct our annual department fest ‘Utsav’ which gives students a platform to showcase their talents.
- TYBA students conduct live projects as a part of their research curriculum.
Ms. Sonia Lal
- Qualification: M.A., M.Phil, NET
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Area of Interest: Anthropology and Sociology of Culture
Tribal Societies, Postmodern Societies, Culture and behavior
- Paper Presented on ‘Redefining Matriliny as a gender egalitarian system’ in the Online Multidisciplinary National Conference Organized by Vivekanand Education Society’s College of Arts, Science and Commerce in “Recent Trends & Developments in Science, Technology, Social Science & Management” on 7th December 2021.
Ms. Ashwini Gole
- Qualification: M.A./ NET, PhD (Pursuing)
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Area of Interest: Gender, Digital Media, Urban Studies
Digital Media and its power relations
- Paper Presented on ‘Rise of Alternative Media and its Sociological Challenges: Review Paper in the Online Multidisciplinary National Conference Organized by Vivekanand Education Society’s College of Arts, Science and Commerce in “Recent Trends & Developments in Science, Technology, Social Science & Management” on 7th December 2021.
- Paper Presented on ‘Theoretical Understanding of Concept ‘Sociality’ in Alternative Media during Covid-19 outbreak’ in 46th All India Sociological (Online) Conference on ‘Constitution, Citizenship and Minorities: Mapping Seventy years of Indian Republic’.
SALIENT FEATURES OF THE DEPARTMENT:
- Documentary and Movie Screening followed by discussion
- Organizes Guest lectures on allied topics
- Organizes field visits to socially relevant locations
GLIMPSES OF DEPARTMENT