Bachelor of Arts
|Total Number of Seats||120|
|Cut off percentage of Last Year||40% in H.S.C.|
At the first year B. A. level, students have to offer Six papers of 100 marks each(Total 600 marks). The college offers the following subjects:
Eligibility: Students passing S. Y. J. C. (Std. XII) with Arts or Commerce or Science and S.Y.J.C with vocational subjects are eligible for admission to F. Y. B. A.
Students from other state (eligibility) are required to have ENGLISH as a compulsory paper at H.S.C. level
Documents Required for Admission:
Students should bring the following documents in original along with duly attested photocopies for verification at the time of admission:
- Original Mark sheet of H.S.C., two photocopies of H.S.C. Mark sheet, one photocopy of S.S.C. Mark sheet and one photo copy of Leaving Certificate (LC) for F.Y. admission.
- Original Mark sheet of First Year along with one photo copy for S.Y. admission.
- Original Mark sheet of First Year & Second Year along with one photo copy each for T.Y. admission
- For new admission at S.Y. / T.Y.— NOC with enrolment details to be produced from the previous college.
- One recent Passport size photograph taken with light coloured dressfor all classes.
- One recent Passport size photograph of Parent / Guardian.
- Address Proof (photocopy of Ration Card/ Electricity Bill/ Telephone Bill/Pass port/ Driving License) any one
- FY & SY students are hereby informed to surrender old Identity Card at the time of admission.
- Caste Certificates (if applicable)
- Documentary evidence regarding special category status
- Eligibility Certificate (students coming from other than Maharashtra Board and Maharashtra Technical Board). Eligibility forms will be distributed by the colleges and same will be resubmitted to the college along with necessary documents and eligibility fees (Rs.220/-,Rs.320/- and Rs. 750/- as the case may be).Admission will be provisional till University approves the documents.
- Physically challenged candidates should produce the relevant certificate from competent authority.
NOTE: In case the original mark sheet of H.S.C. has been submitted for admission to any college, a certificate to that effect, signed by the Principal of that College must be produced.
Students coming from Universities/Board other than Maharashtra State:- Students coming from outside, i.e. other than Maharashtra State Board, will be admitted to the college on the basis of provisional eligibility certificate which they must obtain from the University of Mumbai. No such student will be admitted to College without provisional certificate. In case the admission of the student is found to be invalid for any reason, the responsibility will lie with the student. Students will account for the gap if any, between H.S.C. and joining F. Y. Class by submitting gap certificate i.e. N.O.C. & T.C. from previous Institute.
Admission under Minority Quota (Sindhi):
A Student seeking admission at F.Y. level under Minority Category is required to produce documentary proof (Affidavit) certifying their Sindhi Status. It is desirable that they complete the Sindhi Certificate Course.
International Students: Foreign students seeking admission are required to submit the following documents
- Photocopy of Passport
- Copy of Transcript
At the first year B. A. level, students have to offer Six papers of 100 marks each (Total 600 marks).
The college offers the following subjects :
- Compulsory Papers:
- Foundation Course 100
- English (Communication Skills) 100 2
- Hindi 100
- Ancillary Group – Social Science: (Three subjects)
- Economics Paper I: Foundation of Economic Theory 100
- Sociology Paper I: Basic Sociological Concept. 100
- Psychology Paper I: Fundamentals of Psychology 100 OR Commerce Paper I: Introduction to Business Sector 100 3
At the S. Y. level, students have to opt the same ancillary subjects they opted at the first year. At the T. Y. level, students can specialize in any one of the ancillary subjects they opted for the F. Y. & S. Y. levels.
Note: Commerce as Ancillary subject will be allowed only if the minimum required number of students are available as per University rules.